Forum members BOATS

Capt_Ed. Anytime. He knows Barkley Sound and areas well by the sounds of things. And u? I am sure I would learn lots with u guys as deckhands! The boat is always looking for a crew!

We will keep that in mind. Open to suggestions!

FS

So when we going fishin? You should take the guy that used to load your turkey shootin loads and I on a fish killin adventure.

It's a 24' Boulton Explorer. It is more like 28' with pod & motor . Had custom built by Mike Boulton in Medford Oregon. Could not afford to buy boat like this local !! 50 K less Down south. Pay's to shop !!

Slick, that Boulton is very nice, they make excellent boats at a really affordable price point. Just sold our 20' Sea Skiff we had for 6+ Years, served our family very well as a commuter/hauler/work boat, and myself for fishing!

Although that was probably a much cheaper boat than your model, I am sure :) Although used ones do come up for sale now and then in the US - They are usually an awesome deal compared to in Canada.

20131110_163018.jpg

Anyways, that was the old boat

Here is our new boat, just getting some retro work done, Bottom paint, Rocket launchers, Hydro-seats in the front, new electronics, etc. I would have to credit my father who made the acquisition, lucky I get some say and get to use it :p

photo 1.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 2.jpg

For those that may know who makes em'... It's a 'little' more rugged than the outgoing boat :) ... 1/4" hull, variable deadrise, reverse chine (very skilled design work - takes a lot of fab for aluminum). AND self bailing deck. You can't tell by the pictures, but it is a BEAST!

VERY excited to take it out for some fishing this year.

Looking at a Garmin 527xs w/ CHIRP transducer or a GP-8070F Furuno w/ P66 not sure which yet...

Great thread though some of you have very nice rigs that make me very, very jealous!

Ironwood are very nice well built boats. I have always like the look of there hull design! Nice boat post pics when you get here fully rigged up. You have a nice dad!

Nice boat ! I have drove by Ironwood boats for 20 years dreaming of owning one but figured they were out of my league . When I came across Boulton boats on net there was not many offshore like mine for sale used . Had to order at most dealers. I phoned Mike Boulton direct & left message. He returned call & invited us down for tour & trial on new one almost finished . Gave us a great deal so we ordered in May & was built by August 8 . We saved $10 just on motor & controls . He called our boat his B.C Flag ship to lure other customers in . I would talk to Mike Boulton for price before buying used . He is at some US sport- boat shows . Defenetly would shop $ wise unless u win lottery Slick

Last edited by a moderator:
1989 malibu 175
-2013 optimax 125 ,2008 9.9 kicker, custom arch, scotty elec down riggers,standard horizon electronics. panther t4 steering, new top and seats.
-its not much but i love it.

IMG_0276.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,137
Hey sparrow,

Nice looking rig. I have a 17 foot malibu as well. where did you get the arch done? How much did you end up spending on it? I'm looking for something similar.

Cheers

1989 malibu 175
-2013 optimax 125 ,2008 9.9 kicker, custom arch, scotty elec down riggers,standard horizon electronics. panther t4 steering, new top and seats.
-its not much but i love it.

Are you kidding.. that's a slick fishing machine..besides the fish don't bite better if your in a $ 75,000 floating pimp ride.. plenty of us on here with far less then that to fish out of, if you upgrade to a bigger boat be sure to post this for sale here first :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my rig. 2001 trophy 2002, 150 merc saltwater series, 9.9 Suzuki 4 stroke with t4 panther,sea star hydraulic steering, dual Scotty electric down riggers, lorwance GPS and sounder.
Has been a good rig for me fished all the banks off uki and 3 annual trips to kouquot.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Will be coming up for sale this year if all goes well for a larger boat to chase tuna!

Back