Forum members BOATS

Was eyeing the Chubby every day on my way home. So many features for an under 20 ft.

Cool looking boat, congrats on your new ride.

cheers

There is really only one time you can say you were eyeing a guys chubby and this is the time! Live the name it really suits the boat!

LOL thanks boys appreciate all the comments!!

so... whats the beam? curious is all, as i am underpowered with a 225

trophy wife, beam is 8ft, the 150 pushes this hull better then I expected...some quick stats for who is intrested....

conditions pretty poor, windy, rain 1-2' chop at the best times
3 guys onboard (at least 550#)
2/3 fuel
2/3 water tank....

min. full plane speed 18mph @3200rpm
best cruise 25.5mph @3600 rpm
fast cruise 28-29mph @ 3900-4000rpm
WOT (couldn't quite get there due to conditions) but got to 39-40mph @ 5350rpm with no triming....

doing the math before I looked at the boat I was expecting/estimating 25-26mph cruise @ more like 3900-4000, and a WOT of 40mph @ high 5000's, so I was plesently suprised with the seatrial

LOL thanks boys appreciate all the comments!!

trophy wife, beam is 8ft, the 150 pushes this hull better then I expected...some quick stats for who is intrested....

conditions pretty poor, windy, rain 1-2' chop at the best times
3 guys onboard (at least 550#)
2/3 fuel
2/3 water tank....

min. full plane speed 18mph @3200rpm
best cruise 25.5mph @3600 rpm
fast cruise 28-29mph @ 3900-4000rpm
WOT (couldn't quite get there due to conditions) but got to 39-40mph @ 5350rpm with no triming....

doing the math before I looked at the boat I was expecting/estimating 25-26mph cruise @ more like 3900-4000, and a WOT of 40mph @ high 5000's, so I was plesently suprised with the seatrial

Yes she is a nice boat. It has seen a bit of the island and lower mainland. The original owner liked to fish Sooke in the winter months. A well maintained boat.

Yes she is a nice boat. It has seen a bit of the island and lower mainland. The original owner liked to fish Sooke in the winter months. A well maintained boat.

I never got a chance to meet the original owner, as the boat was brokerd through silver streak...I did see lots of trails through sooke harbour on the chart plotter...defenitly was looked after, great shape for its age...

My Machine

24 ft Jaxoncraft, twin 115 yammies. This boat was built for the West Coast and thats where she shines. Loves Esperanza/ Kyuquot waters and big fish. TC small vessel compliant untill 2016.I will be listing this boat in the Classifieds.

Attachments

• jaxon%20maybe.jpg
    jaxon%20maybe.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,012
  • IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,010
  • IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1513.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,049
Nice metal boat there. How do you like the twin 115s on a 24ftr for power?

cheers

More than enough power even with the four strokes. I have had many days with four guests (some big boys and a load of halibut and salmon) and I am on a plane without a problem. Climb some pretty big mountains offshore on the run in. The huge bonus is these motors love to operate at trolling RPM s. My first set had 3200 hours and did not burn oil or smoke. When trolling you hardly know they are running. When I repowered, didnt consider anything else. Cheers

More than enough power even with the four strokes. I have had many days with four guests (some big boys and a load of halibut and salmon) and I am on a plane without a problem. Climb some pretty big mountains offshore on the run in. The huge bonus is these motors love to operate at trolling RPM s. My first set had 3200 hours and did not burn oil or smoke. When trolling you hardly know they are running. When I repowered, didnt consider anything else. Cheers

Nice boat man. Is that one of the first boats Jaxoncraft put out? Looks like the same one in the earlier website photos. How is she holding up? You don't see a lot of reports on the web about Jaxoncraft boats. They sure look nice.

Cheers from another alloy boat owner.

Nice boat, I'm just curious why you did a re-power......You said they still ran fine, why not keep running them ??? Especially if most the hours were trolling at idle ???

Have you considered adding a kicker ? In 6 years I put 1300 hours on my twin yammy 150's and 10,000+ hours on 2 different kickers. If I had no kicker & trolled with the mains, each main would have around 6,000 hours..............Just a thought............Did I mention that's a nice boat, and thanks for the pics, cause I'd never seen that make before.

Nice boat man. Is that one of the first boats Jaxoncraft put out? Looks like the same one in the earlier website photos. How is she holding up? You don't see a lot of reports on the web about Jaxoncraft boats. They sure look nice.

Cheers from another alloy boat owner.

This is one of Robs first boats. He should have more recent pics on his website. Jaxoncraft is a small custom boat builder, he also has a number of builds for both the aquaculture and logging industries. The boats are in demand from guys that need great looking bullet proof boats. The 24 -30 foot offshore models are some of the the best riding alloy boats on the water.

Nice boat, I'm just curious why you did a re-power......You said they still ran fine, why not keep running them ??? Especially if most the hours were trolling at idle ???

Have you considered adding a kicker ? In 6 years I put 1300 hours on my twin yammy 150's and 10,000+ hours on 2 different kickers. If I had no kicker & trolled with the mains, each main would have around 6,000 hours..............Just a thought............Did I mention that's a nice boat, and thanks for the pics, cause I'd never seen that make before.

I did do the kicker thing on my last boat. I dont like messing with a kicker 15 miles offshore, and its great not having to listen to the thing wound out when I`m fishing a big slop and 20 knot winds. I have a second helm on the stern, it works great for me.. You can hardly hear the 115`s when we are fishing. I alternate motors to keep the hours even.

what kind of dual throtle and gear change do you use on the second helm station? I assume it is wireless???thanks--I have a second steering helm,but am unsure of the way to shift and throttle at the rear station.

my hourston

took a couple pics of the boat today while winter spring fishing.

Attachments

• 25925_10152410464350162_1865041196_n.jpg
    25925_10152410464350162_1865041196_n.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,079
  • 29594_10152410464110162_1075766389_n.jpg
    29594_10152410464110162_1075766389_n.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,085
Back