Forum members BOATS

Hey Sculpin, there's just some things a boat and dog can't do for a guy........

Well that is something you might want to keep to yourself fella;). Just sayin' ha ha. Thanks for keepin it rolling Dave S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sayiin" what the boat and the dog can"t do can be got on a "get a new one when you want basis". Sides the dog is always happy to see me even when I have a new woman.

My new Toy (a wee project!)

Finally get to stake my claim...bought my 'first' boat yesterday. Felt the right deal came along, I'm sure a few of you have seen it kicking around on craigslist.

Crestliner Eagle 245 WA w/ a cuddy that sleeps two and a small porto-******* for the miss!
Fully welded hull and superstructure, she not built like a tank as many of the ALU boats out there these days but for my needs it will more than cut the mustard! Inboard 5.0L which requires an overall, but other than that the boat is solid top to bottom, with clean fabric and classic lines! Comparable to some starcrafts...i guess this would be the east coast (popular around the great lakes) version..

Other notables: 105 gallon fuel capacity, 3500lbs dry weight, 05 yami high thrust, dual batteries, ezLoader tandem axle trailer...

Planned mods (over the season), enclosed ALU cabin, new EFI powerplant, floor replacement (soft in one spot, want to go to aluminum), stereo install, saltwater washdown pump and hose, plotter (has sounder, no plotter)...and a bunch of little things (rod holders, tool storage, other storage related mods...) and a rewiring of pretty much everything (for peace of mind

Damn happy to be making this post. A little sooner than I intended, but it wasn't something I could pass up!

Lookin' forward to your comments (or scrutiny ya salty dogs! haha)

-FB

Attachments

• 0329121019a.jpg
    0329121019a.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 819
  • 0329121019b.jpg
    0329121019b.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 780
  • 0327121513a.jpg
    0327121513a.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 771
  • 0327121513b.jpg
    0327121513b.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 767
Congrats, look like a great ride. I am still in the convincing the wife stage.

Finally get to stake my claim...bought my 'first' boat yesterday. Felt the right deal came along, I'm sure a few of you have seen it kicking around on craigslist.

Crestliner Eagle 245 WA w/ a cuddy that sleeps two and a small porto-******* for the miss!
Fully welded hull and superstructure, she not built like a tank as many of the ALU boats out there these days but for my needs it will more than cut the mustard! Inboard 5.0L which requires an overall, but other than that the boat is solid top to bottom, with clean fabric and classic lines! Comparable to some starcrafts...i guess this would be the east coast (popular around the great lakes) version..

Other notables: 105 gallon fuel capacity, 3500lbs dry weight, 05 yami high thrust, dual batteries, ezLoader tandem axle trailer...

Planned mods (over the season), enclosed ALU cabin, new EFI powerplant, floor replacement (soft in one spot, want to go to aluminum), stereo install, saltwater washdown pump and hose, plotter (has sounder, no plotter)...and a bunch of little things (rod holders, tool storage, other storage related mods...) and a rewiring of pretty much everything (for peace of mind

Damn happy to be making this post. A little sooner than I intended, but it wasn't something I could pass up!

-FB

-FB

Right on Nick. Congrats on your boat. Thanks for the sneek peak earlier.

She looks in pretty good shape in the photos. I still say pod her out and put a SkipJack or Farallon style hard top on her. Look forward to seeing some project threads.

Cheers,
John

NICE BOAT--I think you should look at fresh water wash down as opposed to salt water--nice to rinse your gear immediately with fresh water. I gotta go with Sculpin- put a pod on her! just had to extend my pod 8 inches due to the new merc housings liking 30 inches for clearance-box tube did the trick!

put a SkipJack or Farallon style hard top on her.

Cheers,
John

You were going to send me a link of such a hard top but it went by the bayside in all our back and forth PM's...

I'd love to go pod, maybe one day I will, but the costs involved are mountainous compared with the inboard, for the time being...have a few good buddies who can work reliably, for beer n laughs so it may stay an inboard for the time being...

once it starts running the 105gal tank for tuna...the pod may come!

As far as freshwater wash down, I'm fine with doing it back at the dock, i'd prefer not to lug around the extra freshwater weight...mind you a couple gallons goes a long way for washing tackle...but the salt wash down is more for the expected blood baths she will encounter on the coast!

I'm really happy with the purchase, @ $6800 for the package, I think I'd be hard to go wrong!

-FB

the project thread will start in a few months, after property tax season! until then shes being hidden away in storage, out of sight, certainly not out of mind...I'm going to have the Miss draw up a blueprint of the raw boat...maybe some of you lads could offer ideas on fishable mods or cabin designs! Only been hard into the ocean for a few years now so i'd be happy hear from the experienced crowd for sure...

You were going to send me a link of such a hard top but it went by the bayside in all our back and forth PM's...

I'd love to go pod, maybe one day I will, but the costs involved are mountainous compared with the inboard, for the time being...have a few good buddies who can work reliably, for beer n laughs so it may stay an inboard for the time being...

once it starts running the 105gal tank for tuna...the pod may come!

As far as freshwater wash down, I'm fine with doing it back at the dock, i'd prefer not to lug around the extra freshwater weight...mind you a couple gallons goes a long way for washing tackle...but the salt wash down is more for the expected blood baths she will encounter on the coast!

I'm really happy with the purchase, @ $6800 for the package, I think I'd be hard to go wrong!

-FB

Here you go http://boats.iboats.com/1989-crestliner-sabre-v-245-great-lakes-hard-top/766514.html

It is good having buddies like that.

What's her beam?

I'll try looking around for more cabin idea's and PM you.:D

Again welcome to the "Bring Out Another Thousand" club

8'6" Huuuuge fishing cockpit...definately makes me smile!

nice cabin on that one, seen a few like that. they purrdy

Eagle

Take a look at your other thread in Boats ---I sent you a pic of mine with factory hardtop ---let me know if you want to take a look --I just upgraded my electrical. It's nice fixin em up how you like---have fun--oh heck here is the pic again
Note-- sides are thin lots of fenders when docking in case your helpers are no help

boat.jpg

Here's the latest addition to the "Fleet"

24ft plus Pod... about 26.8 loa.. Then the motor off the back

9.6 beam...

Ill post a few more pic's with GPS's on it... and more gear and maybe some blood in the fish box soon.... hopefully soon...

Gotta sell my 20ft Podded Double Eagle (no power) and refurbished 21.5 Campion Fishing Maching now...

Attachments

• IMGP3684.jpg
    IMGP3684.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 907
  • IMGP3680.jpg
    IMGP3680.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 931
  • IMGP3679.jpg
    IMGP3679.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 892
  • IMGP3688.jpg
    IMGP3688.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 912
  • IMGP3692.jpg
    IMGP3692.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 904
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Sweet ride sir!! Glad you got er in your drive way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back