Forum members BOATS

from what I know Trailcraft are not build like the stabicraft there is one for sale in Enderby for $30k I though it was over priced for what it was?

Oops my bad big green I never saw that model in there. Have looked through a few of the trailcrafts and I know dirtdog ran one for a few seasons. JAC I was seeing the similarity in the style but not the actual construction. Trailcraft certainly don't have the chambered pontoon style hull. That said there are alot of other similarities. The aluminums imported from aus and NZ are much different that most constructed up here in the PNW. I wonder what it costs to ship one of those bad boys?

Oops my bad big green I never saw that model in there. Have looked through a few of the trailcrafts and I know dirtdog ran one for a few seasons. JAC I was seeing the similarity in the style but not the actual construction. Trailcraft certainly don't have the chambered pontoon style hull. That said there are alot of other similarities. The aluminums imported from aus and NZ are much different that most constructed up here in the PNW. I wonder what it costs to ship one of those bad boys?

That's too funny you mention Dirty, I was out with him at Bamfield on that Stabi with a fellow named Burn and Yankee Aja Chris, my cuz from Nanaimo!

my new ride

94 Crestliner 236 Eagle ---walk around cuddy ---hardtop----225 merc Blackmax
All boats are a compromise ---its hard to find the ultimate boat, but this is mine, it gets me in the salt chasing fish and I can take the kids to the lake for the day and tow with a 1/2 ton truck

IMG_0226.jpg

my new ride

94 Crestliner

Sorry I have been using this thread to figure out how to post an image on a post
but here it is I think I got it
sadly I was forced to read the instructions

IMG_0226.jpg

Gypseas

Yes I sold the Hewes I really liked the boat but thought that I would like a 21 foot custom weld storm jet boat more. NOT after a couple of trips I missed the hewes and I ended up trading the custom weld for the Stabi in Chilliwack. Just tried the boat out on its first trip on kootenay lake and it was some wicked weather Snowing raing 5 foot swells with white caps on that. Some of the wea ther we get on the large lakes in the interior gets a little wild the waves are about 1-2 seconds apart making for a really butt kicking when your on step. The Stabi worked really well it sound different in the water but it pretty light and with the 150 hp it has a ton of power. I was glad it was light heading over the blue berry paulson I had a camper on for weight and I barely made it to the summit spinning all 4 tires it was a really white knuckle passing forsure!!!!!!!!

Qoute Sculpin:

I like the lapstrake look on aluminums.

When we were looking Venture also had a Quintrex from Australia with lapstrake hull. It was a nice rig.

running my bro's old ocean sport
changed it around a bit just to take get some weight off the back

and my biddison 2200 for when i get her back on the water

this summer

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 834
Third boat on this thread!! :eek:

and last, I hope LOL

1991 24ft Design Concepts metal boat .... still working on making her fishy :)

september_2011_015.jpg

I just put 2 and 2 together.... You live a few blocks from me.

Drive past (what I believe) your boat almost daily since it been on the hard

I just put 2 and 2 together.... You live a few blocks from me.

Drive past (what I believe) your boat almost daily since it been on the hard

Ya ... made for an expensive garden ornament for the past couple of months :D

Say hello next time you drive by
cheers

Back