fishing

March 12 0825hr Sooke Bluffs
Half hour into it, double header, 8lb and app 18-20lber. Short trip, had to go in. Breeze picking up anyhow.

B Gibb

very nice otter !

I fished Clover and Constance this morning
lost 2, and then bagged a 6lber on a "nastyboy" coyote.
they seemed to like that flavor.

Then i had a 20 min battle with a seal that grabbed
what would have been my second fish.
got the gear back with a gill plate.

Pretty lumpy out at Constance, but it started backing off
about 11:30am

scotty

very nice otter !

I fished Clover and Constance this morning
lost 2, and then bagged a 6lber on a "nastyboy" coyote.
they seemed to like that flavor.

Then i had a 20 min battle with a seal that grabbed
what would have been my second fish.
got the gear back with a gill plate.

Pretty lumpy out at Constance, but it started backing off
about 11:30am

scotty

nice job otter,

fished constance for a flaty with out luck. Released a cod, flounder and 1/2 dozen rat fish. Those little varmits would stip my bait down to a head and spine within 10 minutes.

Nice day anyways.

nice job otter,

fished constance for a flaty with out luck. Released a cod, flounder and 1/2 dozen rat fish. Those little varmits would stip my bait down to a head and spine within 10 minutes.

Nice day anyways.

Yeah that moment was surprising, At first I thought I had hooked up the two lines.[double header]. For me its been hit or miss out there. Anyhow The big one reminded me of the summer fish, Fraser or Columbian, very heavy that short and stubby appearance. The old timer who lives here and fished here for years told me couple of weeks ago, quote, get out there in March, the Columbians start running then, YOU didnt know that? Hell I kept my my shut, he appeared wise and sane to me. And then I get the big one yesterday, I wonder?

B Gibb

Yeah that moment was surprising, At first I thought I had hooked up the two lines.[double header]. For me its been hit or miss out there. Anyhow The big one reminded me of the summer fish, Fraser or Columbian, very heavy that short and stubby appearance. The old timer who lives here and fished here for years told me couple of weeks ago, quote, get out there in March, the Columbians start running then, YOU didnt know that? Hell I kept my my shut, he appeared wise and sane to me. And then I get the big one yesterday, I wonder?

B Gibb

Hi all,We had a good day of boating yesterday.Fished the E.side of orcas.Flat as a lake, no fish for the 3 of us.Fish counter was at the dock, only 5 fish were tallied by 5:00 pm.1 boat had 2 of the devils.Used flasher,herring,flasher squid combos,also lucky dog spoons.by gold star.Anyone ever use gold star tackle with good results? Can't seem to get a hit on a coyote spoon.

thanks the runt

Hi all,We had a good day of boating yesterday.Fished the E.side of orcas.Flat as a lake, no fish for the 3 of us.Fish counter was at the dock, only 5 fish were tallied by 5:00 pm.1 boat had 2 of the devils.Used flasher,herring,flasher squid combos,also lucky dog spoons.by gold star.Anyone ever use gold star tackle with good results? Can't seem to get a hit on a coyote spoon.

thanks the runt

Fished with Yote on Sunday for butts.
No luck. Just a couple of Dog fish.
We saw a couple of Hali on the dock when we came in and there were boats anchored ALL OVER constance on our way back.

Great weather and decent tides.

Fished with Yote on Sunday for butts.
No luck. Just a couple of Dog fish.
We saw a couple of Hali on the dock when we came in and there were boats anchored ALL OVER constance on our way back.

Great weather and decent tides.

I was in 100 -90 ft, flooding, Sooke Bluffs. Me the only boat there, one heading for Otter Pt, 1 trolling towars Secretary, for a weekend couldnt believe no one out there. Once again I picked up nothing on my 100 Blue finder, its going very soon. I noticed on the Garmin site that model has been discontinued?????

B Gibb

I was in 100 -90 ft, flooding, Sooke Bluffs. Me the only boat there, one heading for Otter Pt, 1 trolling towars Secretary, for a weekend couldnt believe no one out there. Once again I picked up nothing on my 100 Blue finder, its going very soon. I noticed on the Garmin site that model has been discontinued?????

B Gibb

Thanks Otter.

I have a friend coming to town from Alberta this weekend and I would like to take him out. I have not spent any time salmon fishing lately and I am not sure where we will go. Last year the Trailer Park was good to me around this time. I also got a few nice fish out of Pedder.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks
Tips

Thanks Otter.

I have a friend coming to town from Alberta this weekend and I would like to take him out. I have not spent any time salmon fishing lately and I am not sure where we will go. Last year the Trailer Park was good to me around this time. I also got a few nice fish out of Pedder.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks
Tips

Back