Fishing halibut or cabezon near West Vancouver?

ichenjia

Hi,

Now that chinook is closed for the season. I am very curious whether it is possible to catch halibut or cabezon near West Vancouver where I usually boat. Any tips for that? Thank you very much!

Well someone needs to start deep dropping on the Hump off South Bowen-400 feet shouldn't be too tough as long as you get the right tides and the wind isn't too bad.

The only issue I can see is that BC Ferries ROW traverses some of that water.

Plenty of those all over
Any spots close by around Vancouver or Richmond? Been running over to Polier Pass and Camp Bing near Gibson for any decent flounder actions. They are one of my favourites to catch and eat but it sure gets expensive running so far for 8 flounders. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate it as usual.

Any spots close by around Vancouver or Richmond? Been running over to Polier Pass and Camp Bing near Gibson for any decent flounder actions. They are one of my favourites to catch and eat but it sure gets expensive running so far for 8 flounders. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate it as usual.
Right off the bell you can get some decent sized ones. Not huge but worth eating. Used to get them with zingers all the time as bycatch when jigging for salmon. I'm sure if you actually targeted them you'd do really well.

I knew an older fella from whiterock that would always say there was spot out on the border beyond Roberts bank that he knew produced halibut. Guessing this is the spot

Back