First Nations seek name change for Discovery Passage and other landforms

We have a new park in the neighbourhood. Local government types gave it a local First Nations name. I have no issue with that other than I can't spell it or pronounce it. We just call it the "new park." If we are going to start changing up place names, then language lessons are in order too so I can properly pronounce these new names so I don't accidentally offend anyone. Or at the very least, perhaps we go with 2 place names so everyone can adjust at their own pace. Like they do in Canada to all our product labels - French and English.

Its all part of the long game, get government to acknowledge traditional territory, change names, change laws and before you know it the government's no longer in control of it.

Thats okay to for the majority of the urbanites that control the vote. The rural resource users tho are up ones that are up against it tho.

Its all part of the long game, get government to acknowledge traditional territory, change names, change laws and before you know it the government's no longer in control of it.

Thats okay to for the majority of the urbanites that control the vote. The rural resource users tho are up ones that are up against it tho.
And the only people to blame for this are the voters .

Back