E.C.V.I.

Sangsters hot with 15-20lbers 150-160ft on the regular gear. I havent had a chance to hit it though. I tried ballenas and gerald for a few hours but the wind and missing the bite made it tough i got skunked. Tons of bait at gerlad and the bait at ballenas was shallower than normal 70-100ft of water. Greg im hittin up the Qs in the mornin ill be at the boat at 8:30 if you want to wet a line.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Sangsters hot with 15-20lbers 150-160ft on the regular gear. I havent had a chance to hit it though. I tried ballenas and gerald for a few hours but the wind and missing the bite made it tough i got skunked. Tons of bait at gerlad and the bait at ballenas was shallower than normal 70-100ft of water. Greg im hittin up the Qs in the mornin ill be at the boat at 8:30 if you want to wet a line.

We were at Sangster on Friday AM through the tide change and also Saturday AM. Only had one hit on Friday and saw only 1 caught. Were those fish taken in the evening or before the weekend?

Ya Kelly, I talked to KTanna myself yesterday and he's been slayin em and got a 27lb today.I don't think he was at Sangster today, maybe Gerald. We are headin out tomorrow if you're interested.

Greg i wanted to hit up the qualicum again but its blowin 15-25kts SE there should be a sheltered short tack at ballenas and gerald. Ill send an email

30-35 knots forcasted cancelled the run to the qualicums. Hit ballenas and gerald it was blowing 50kmh got a low teener and lost one nice screamer. Im done takin noobs out to frustrating losing these fish[xx(] 160feet one on the glow hootchie and one on a blue/green needlefish pattern

No other boats out in that weather.Got the screamer at gerald where a pinnicle comes up from 180-130ft right off the north west end. It hit and started peelin line. Handed the rod to buddy he palmed it and when it finally turned he reeled way to slow and dropped the tip.The 14 was on the south end in the gap. Off to telegraph tomorrow

You bet. Haha forgot to add that today when we were setting the downriggers up it was so windy that the flashers were 20 feet behind the boat and still in the air like a kite!

My buddy has been hitting them in the Gap. So there must be some fish around.. finnaly.. now that I have moved my boat to the west coast[:p]

what's with the derb? I just called the french creek store and they didn't know anything about it, Molsen and I were thinking about hitting it up could you let me know whos organising it,

Its just a small one out of beachcomber marina.I think its open to all i would just give a quick call first to confirm.

Heres yesterdays fish
s.jpg

quote:Originally posted by kelly

30-35 knots forcasted cancelled the run to the qualicums. Hit ballenas and gerald it was blowing 50kmh got a low teener and lost one nice screamer. Im done takin noobs out to frustrating losing these fish[xx(] 160feet one on the glow hootchie and one on a blue/green needlefish pattern

Kelly

We (2 boats) fished Ballenas on Monday and got 2 20ish just after the afternoon tide change. Got murdered trying to get home to Schooner.

Just got back from pulling the traps at Mistaken and decided to rip over to Ballenas for a quick troll and nothing. It was a beauitiful morning though. The bbq and derby cancelled at Beachcomber on Sunday due to weather.

Went over to Gerald this morning, a pretty rough ride it was blowin SE . Trolled the lee of Gerald and then headed toward the sparbuoy and nailed a 16lber at 160ft. I put on an army truck coyote and it worked fine. How come when you're fishin solo with two lines down the fish always heads for the side with the line down? Never fails. Anyway a seal grabbed him and I thought I had a monster on and after three missed net attempts I finally got him.(he was white)Kelly where did you go? I did'nt see anyone at Ballenas so I thought you might be at Gerald. Tried calling you on 68 but no reply, there was lots of chatter so I figured you shut her off. I'm off til Wednesday, give me a shout.

Well since I haven't posted any pics yet and I can't get out fishing here are my fish from last Friday.
2788179974_814413e619_b.jpg

26,23.5 and a couple little guys. All caught at Grant reefs which I guess is ECVI. Just a little north of most of you guys.

Greg ya ******* i saw that on the board today. I wasted 50$ in gas and fished 6am-1pm and had nothin to show. I went to little q and hit one 7 lber released and had a hog break off. I borrowed a friends reel and it snapped off just from the reel tension so there must have been a substantial nick in the line.Coming home there was bigger waves than that day we saw you up there. 6ft weird swell that had all boats to a crawl. We didnt see many fish caught maybe 4 out of 25 boats but i heard tuesday wed was good. Im home 5 more days so if you want to fish this weekend gimme a shout.

I thought you might be at the river. or at Sangster. I was lucky to get that one in, there were bite marks close to the tail from one of furry little bastards. I'm just lookin outside and it's a bit windy but not as bad as last night. I gotta pull the traps, I'm makin a prawn platter for my party tonite, drop by for cocktails if you're around. Just look for the Christmas lights.

Back