Derby's Canuck emporium

Torts is right about what is going on in the dressing room. He may be fined and/or suspended but it will bring the team together. If your coach going to bat for the team like that doesn't inspire them nothing will. Should be a big motivator. Time will tell.

Torts is right about what is going on in the dressing room. He may be fined and/or suspended but it will bring the team together. If your coach going to bat for the team like that doesn't inspire them nothing will. Should be a big motivator. Time will tell.

I'm really liking Torts, a lot of passion. They just don't have enough guys with that kind of heart and that what kills them in the playoffs. Gillis needs to make a big move. Maybe.move Edler and whatever for a true power forward who can score and isn't on his last legs. Sure would be nice to have a Benn or even a Lucic type of player. I don't think anybody should be untouchable.

Makes me so mad when I see guys going rough at at injured player who's just come back. I think it was a pretty good effort considering. Who was Torts yelling at anyway?

Anyone with anything to do with the guys wearing red and white

I see Hartley got dinged 25k too

I'm trying to wrap my head around this one. Is there an official league rule that prohibits coaches to only starting their first line?
No not at all you start who you want to start-but if you do what he did and the players act like that it's as obvious as the nose on your face who is responsible.

yup.... that is a long streak...must have killed him having to do that? After all just another soft Swed you know...:)

Ed Bain on the Q has a cute spoof on Torts...heard it today for the first time. lol

It kinda felt like a home game....

I'm trying to wrap my head around this one. Is there an official league rule that prohibits coaches to only starting their first line?

he got fined because of the player selection rule. You can't sends goons out to go after another player, even if that player is a goon as well. Lite sometimes hard to prove intent, but the league can use their discretion.

Back