Crew Members - Ad Fix

chrisp

Admin
Staff member
Hello All.

Thanks again to everyone who responded to last Thursday's message. This info helped me narrow the focus to a few specific issues. Today, I updated our ad manager code. Please let us know in this thread if you see any changes—specifically, do you see any ads on this page? Clearing your browsing history and refreshing the page may speed this up.

Clearing your browsing history will not remove your login credentials (usernames and passwords) for the site, just the Web pages you've visited. Below are a few helpful links if needed.

chrisp

PC
1. EDGE: View and delete browser history
2. CHROME: View and delete your Chrome browsing history
3. FIREFOX: Delete browsing, search and download history
4: BRAVE: Clearing your web browser history

MAC
1. SAFARI: Clear your browsing history
4. BRAVE: Clearing your web browser history

I've also enabled a new feature in the ad software for Crew members — the ability to manually turn OFF ads on the site. Give this a try and let me know how it works. As usual, you may have to refresh your browser a couple of times to see the effects of this change.

Here's how to access this option:

1. Click on your account and then Preferences ...
crew-prefs.png

2. On your Preferences page, scroll down to the Ad options and uncheck this box.
crew-allow-ads.png

You may have to clear your browsing history and refresh to see these changes.

Best Buy ad at the bottom, banner style, with the little X out button upper rh corner. No browser clearing yet, will try.

All Good For Me.

I've enabled a new feature in the ad software for Crew members — the ability to manually turn OFF ads on the site. Give this a try and let me know how it works. As usual, you may have to refresh your browser a couple of times to see the effects of this change.

Here's how to access this option:

1. Click on your account and then Preferences ...
crew-prefs.png

2. On your Preferences page, scroll down to the Ad options and uncheck this box. Or keep it checked if you really want to see the ads.
crew-allow-ads.png

chrisp

Hello All.

Thanks again to everyone who responded to last Thursday's message. This info helped me narrow the focus to a few specific issues. Today, I updated our ad manager code. Please let us know in this thread if you see any changes—specifically, do you see any ads on this page? Clearing your browsing history and refreshing the page may speed this up.

Clearing your browsing history will not remove your login credentials (usernames and passwords) for the site, just the Web pages you've visited. Below are a few helpful links if needed.

chrisp

PC
1. EDGE: View and delete browser history
4: BRAVE: Clearing your web browser history

MAC
1. SAFARI: Clear your browsing history
4. BRAVE: Clearing your web browser history
Still have ads on Safari top and bottom.

Chrome on Mac. Still have ads after manually turning off as you recommended. I can close the ad by clicking the X top right corner. Ads do not reappear while I'm on that page but if I go to another page in the same thread or open new thread then ads reappear.

Ads in edge and chrome, ads turned off history clear, reboot.
Banners top and bottom.

Back