check valve leaking ?

• Thread starter Thread starter saltybeaver
  • Start date Start date
S

saltybeaver

yep another problem .
1997 200 mercury

the hose from the remote oil tank to the engine mounted oil reservoir has a check valve ( think thats what it is called )
it is a T with one side left open, the open side is dripping oil . I have check the same engine and it also has the T shaped valve with one side left open but it does not leek and never has had a problem with it leaking .

has anybody had this problem ?? just replace the valve or do I have another problem .

I can bet that you know alot more about engines than me but if it was on the weekend have you considered the heat causing oil expansion. I know i had a similar problem with my oil injected yamaha when it expanded it leaked a bit in the inside of the engine and leaked out into the motor well a bit as well. How much is leakin?

drip...............drip................drip...........drip I tried to plug it but the presure would just come out the fill cap on the tank my thought is that there is to much presure .

Sorry forgot to mention once you are on the site click on the forums. There you will find it broken down by motor manufacturer, HP, type of problem etc.

Back