Car Air Conditioning Help

I never use sealers so no worries there. I ordered a vacuum pump. I don't even think there's a leak in the system or it should have been very low on pressure over the last couple months IMO.
correct, and if it is full of refrigerant it should work. most likely a pressure switch

If anyone else is doing backyard AC work right now, princess auto has two can packs of refrigerant for $9.99. Their single cans are $14.99 each 🤷

Attachments

• IMG_3939.jpeg
    IMG_3939.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 19
If anyone else is doing backyard AC work right now, princess auto has two can packs of refrigerant for $9.99. Their single cans are $14.99 each 🤷
That likely your problem . Your 2006 truck likely takes r134a refrigerant . You mix that other crap you will have a concoction and temps / pressures will all be messed up

Haha alright then. It says on the can that it replaces r134a or r12. So what am I missing if I drain the system and start fresh with r12a?

Honestly im not an auto tech but do refer and hvac for a living but I would not recommend recharging anything other then what’s listed on the nameplate. Especially something out of a can from princess auto. I don’t have auto connections but if you need some fresh 134a I can help a fellow fisherman out.

Based on what I’ve read, r12 is old school and worse for the environment. R12a and r134a can be swapped out but need to evacuate the system first

Honestly im not an auto tech but do refer and hvac for a living but I would not recommend recharging anything other then what’s listed on the nameplate. Especially something out of a can from princess auto. I don’t have auto connections but if you need some fresh 134a I can help a fellow fisherman out.
I hear ya. I don’t think I’ve ever seen r134a in any store. It’s always 12a that says it replaces 134a. So why sell that if it doesn’t work for 99% of the people that buy it?

I hear ya. I don’t think I’ve ever seen r134a in any store. It’s always 12a that says it replaces 134a. So why sell that if it doesn’t work for 99% of the people that buy it?
Hey man I’m not knocking you for trying . What’s the harm it don’t work already ? Blow the charge ( recover ) ;) and add the amount the nameplate list and try it. I’m no auto ac pro but have recharged a few cars but don’t have the auto adapters anymore or else I’d help you out .

Hey man I’m not knocking you for trying . What’s the harm it don’t work already ? Blow the charge ( recover ) ;) and add the amount the nameplate list and try it. I’m no auto ac pro but have recharged a few cars but don’t have the auto adapters anymore or else I’d help you out .
I heard shops would recover it for free because they get paid for the old stuff by the pound. Or if I have a leak, it’s probably all gone anyways

Looks like they don’t sell 134a in Canada to consumers. Probably just for licensed shops. No wonder I couldn’t find it haha. Nevertheless, I’ll continue down the journey of getting cold air in my $700 beater commuter car and refusing to pay $1000 to just get cold air

For the Toyota matrix, I found a crack in the condenser on the drier tube that’s connected to it. Couldn’t even get the desiccant filter thing out but there’s no point in replacing it when I’m gonna replace the whole condenser anyways. I also saw some antifreeze bubbles on top of the radiator so I’ll replace that at the same time because they kind of come out together.

On the ram truck, I put in a new fan clutch and she’s icy cold now. And the fan sounds like a plane taking off compared to before. Apparently when the fan clutch goes, it starts drawing a ton of power and the computer shuts down the ac compressor. So I didn’t have to touch anything AC related on the truck. I’ll be putting the truck back into daily service if it gets hot enough to need ac while I fix up the beater matrix. The fan clutch still baffles me because I never had any overheat issues. I would have never known it was a problem.

Back