Canucks 2023-2024 season

Gotta give the Oilers credit but with the lack of forward depth the inexperienced Canucks were gassed. Lost the special teams battle especially the 4 minute PP with zero shots.The dump and chase with no forecheck, running to the bench was really glaring last night. Edmonton had a free ride and took it all night to the Canucks. Hopefully some lessons were learned as the team without question needs addition grit and offensive pop. Not disappointed as overall great, highly entertaining season and hopefully better seasons ahead..Loved Garland as it did what he could. Petey somewhat came alive but not enough for 11+m. Suspect he was injured but if not really need to consider a trade.

I think pretty good season overall , i sure woulda taken a loss in game 7 of the 2nd round when the season started , going to be tough to keep Zhadorov and Joshua for next season , Hronik will be a big ticket , need more talent in the top 2 lines to compete , it shouldnt be a dull off season with Rutherford around !

Compared to where the canucks were a season or 2 ago im pretty stoked on the success they had this season. Considering this was the first post season for a lot of the young guys, I think they did good. But I don't think they were prepared for the intensity, physicality and speed of the playoffs. You could just tell a lot of the guys seemed worn out already, even their top guys. Everyone want's to pile on ep40, and ya he hasn't preformed well at all lately, but where was the rest of the guys?! What happend to Hughes? No goals in the playoffs and one point in the entire second round. He seemed slower, coughed the puck up too much and made a lot of mistakes. Myers had one point all playoffs, where was that bomb from the point?! Where was Hoglander, Suter etc etc. I thought Boeser, Garland and Big Z were the most consistant all playoffs asides from Silvos. Hopefully its an eyeopener for the guys with no playoff experience and they realize what they have to do to be better next season and make a longer run in the post season. At least we made it farther than the leafs 😆

Compared to where the canucks were a season or 2 ago im pretty stoked on the success they had this season. Considering this was the first post season for a lot of the young guys, I think they did good. But I don't think they were prepared for the intensity, physicality and speed of the playoffs. You could just tell a lot of the guys seemed worn out already, even their top guys. Everyone want's to pile on ep40, and ya he hasn't preformed well at all lately, but where was the rest of the guys?! What happend to Hughes? No goals in the playoffs and one point in the entire second round. He seemed slower, coughed the puck up too much and made a lot of mistakes. Myers had one point all playoffs, where was that bomb from the point?! Where was Hoglander, Suter etc etc. I thought Boeser, Garland and Big Z were the most consistant all playoffs asides from Silvos. Hopefully its an eyeopener for the guys with no playoff experience and they realize what they have to do to be better next season and make a longer run in the post season. At least we made it farther than the leafs 😆
A big improvement for the team. Remember this? Wasn't that long ago....

When was that huge contract signed?
March. So seems like the contract affected him more than the injury if the injury happened in January. Oh well. Hope he’s flying next year because we are stuck with him. Took the sedins a while to perform in playoffs

March. So seems like the contract affected him more than the injury if the injury happened in January. Oh well. Hope he’s flying next year because we are stuck with him. Took the sedins a while to perform in playoffs

I’m pretty sure they could trade him before July 1 when his new deal kicks in

Watching this Edmonton and Dallas game one. The puck handling skills that the Canucks have was definitely more noticeable than what Dallas is showing in this game. Their power play is hard to watch.

I’m pretty sure they could trade him before July 1 when his new deal kicks in
Well they could trade him, but the team would be signing up for no-show playoff Petey. We’d probably eat $5m on the deal for 8 years straight

Well they could trade him, but the team would be signing up for no-show playoff Petey. We’d probably eat $5m on the deal for 8 years straight
I doubt they would trade him though. Management seems committed to him. I worry about his durability same as Hughes

I did not notice Cole during the regular season, but he had a terrible playoff run.
What's the deal with him?

Back