Canucks 2021 Season

watching the canucks last few years it was obvious Markstroms stellar play masked a lot of the canucks horrific defensive play. they were able to out-score their problems as well. now the special teams are a mess and they can’t score.

they had one good game against edmonton this season ( loss ) and one amazing period against calgary in their first win. other than that they have looked dreadful.

Wow, I will take it as the effort was there offensively. Myers,Harmonic atrocious . Hughes struggling, missing Tanev I suppose. Trying to do too much. Virtanen and Rousell must have taken sleeping pills. Virtanen over Toffoli ?? Canucks curse at its best. 4th line had a solid game. Miller was at his best, made a big difference.

Ya .. they got burned bye another x canuck tonight.. atleast they pulled a couple points still a little tough to watch :)

Don't understand why they let Toffoli go as he was great in the playoffs last year, one of their best and I think they gave up a draft pick to get him and then he comes back with a hat trick against them to make the point. They will miss him as much as Markstrom.

Don't understand why they let Toffoli go as he was great in the playoffs last year, one of their best and I think they gave up a draft pick to get him and then he comes back with a hat trick against them to make the point. They will miss him as much as Markstrom.
Those are the two big trading misses. The team had found a nice rhythm in the playoffs last year but now it’s painful to watch. There’s clearly a goalie problem too.

Finally!! That snake Tofolli was just smelling blood.
Let’s see if they can keep it going tomorrow.

he’s best friends with Tanner Pearson and didnt want to leave. The free agency opened up and theCanucks were asking him to wait around a bit till they could move some chips around trying to fit everybody in under the cap. Toffoli couldn’t wait any longer and signed with the Habs.

They did the exact same thing to Stecher.

Holtby sure gives up the rubber...and sure doesn't appear to be controlled when doing it. The D certainly needs an injection of something...27 sure gets beat.
Boesser looks good and healthy again and Gaudette looks better with his health straightened out...
And Bo put the team on his back for a win....lets see if they put in Demko and how the team responds

This is now in a different level of incompetency! We are melting like sh*t here. The entire team sucks. Not sure if Greeny is going to be there for too long.

. Poor passing and coverage from the opening face off . Got a wonder about team chemistry and the off season moves. Management is on the hot seat.
I ask 3 things for the 3rd: a mercy rule, if not a power outage, if not at least Derby gets his dryer fixed.
Going to light up the pvr instead and watch last weeks Vikings. At least someone is doing something.

sweet god... worked on my dryer in the 2nd period ...looks like i should just carry on with my repair :(
That foul by Myers summed it up. Painful game to watch. I wish I had gone to the garage to play with my fishing gears.

. Poor passing and coverage from the opening face off . Got a wonder about team chemistry and the off season moves. Management is on the hot seat.
I ask 3 things for the 3rd: a mercy rule, if not a power outage, if not at least Derby gets his dryer fixed.
Going to light up the pvr instead and watch last weeks Vikings. At least someone is doing something.
hahah thought i had fixed ..popped the fuse agian ! time to order the whole heating unit :(
Opps Canucks thread sorry for hi jacking the thread or maybe we could make this fixing your dryer thread :)

Agreed. The chemistry has been greatly affected with the off season moves. Benning may be starting to feel the heat. Too bad as he is obviously very good at finding talent as rookies and sucks at signing contracts. Once we get all that junk off the books it should get better. I think we may ha e some false confidence or expectations from the performance in the bubble. Really shows what Markstrom meant to this team.

I bet Ottawa is chomping at the bit to get to Vancouver for their 3 games here, lol. Benning put himself in one hell of a pickle with the cap. cap hits this year eriksson 6m , sutter 4.3m, luongo retained cap hit just over 3m, and ferland at 3.5m which they get back "if " he is ends up officially done. that's a ton of wasted cap space. Edler is usally good for at least 1 injury a year and here we are, lol. I'm not sure if I'll watch todays game or not, not it's not good for my blood pressure and my wife can't stand the swearing ,lol.

I bet Ottawa is chomping at the bit to get to Vancouver for their 3 games here, lol. Benning put himself in one hell of a pickle with the cap. cap hits this year eriksson 6m , sutter 4.3m, luongo retained cap hit just over 3m, and ferland at 3.5m which they get back "if " he is ends up officially done. that's a ton of wasted cap space. Edler is usally good for at least 1 injury a year and here we are, lol. I'm not sure if I'll watch todays game or not, not it's not good for my blood pressure and my wife can't stand the swearing ,lol.
Don’t forget about the 10 mill between rousell, Pearson and Beagle. Oh yah Schmidt and Myers for 12 combined. I know they have capologists and **** is super complicated but please someone tell me again how we couldn’t keep any of the guys we lost???

Canucks have about 11.5 in dead contracts that's why. That's a top 6 forward and a #2-3 defence man. I think shredding these contracts is on the owners who I understand are bleeding money big time with COVID 19, etc.
As for the game, Montreal is my pick for first overall in the Northern division. Solid ,skating team with a coaching system that complements their players. Price, also one of the best In the business.
Again odd man rushes, turnovers totally unacceptable at this level. No different than previous night although out played Montreal for 8 minutes in the 3rd and looked a little bit better overall.

Last edited:
Back