Camble River or Sooke

yeah its gona be crazy there! parking will be nuts hopefully the waterfront fishing will get better

Just think of the lost revenue in the area,, if there's no decent place to stay or launch people will go else where...
I know this has been brought up on a different post but its not going to be good for the area... When those places close down..

Walleye,I think you should try for a 1 week here(Sooke)and then try
Salmon point.Aug has been good[8D]. The way things are changing it could be your only chance for 1 more stay here at Sunny Shores (they cant tear it down that quick). The other places to camp are Sooke Flats, Sooke Potholes TLC, French Beach, China Beach to name some. Port Renfrew is a experience you will want to enjoy soon ,It gets busier every year[V].

Yah I think I'm going to give Andy a call tomorrow and see if they are taking bookings yet for this year.. I talked to the fellow at Swan Haven cottages and looks like he will have a couple cabins available during our time... Sooke is just too good of a place to pass up.. We spend a lot of time and it costs a lot of money to head out their every year it's nice to be rewarded with a good catch.
I mentioned to the fellow that owns Swan Haven that Andy sold and if there was ever a time for him to expand his business it would be now. He would have a lock on the cabin rentals in the area. And he is in a good central location to what few marinas there are in the area.
He mentioned that he has a boat launch at his site but it is only good to smaller craft and at high tide at that.. We run a 2525 kingfisher and a 2000 LUND Fisherman so we need some decent water.
Boat slips aren't as hard to find as decent accommodation so we may go with him. Still have to wait to hear from the other people in our party to see what everyone wants to do...

Swan Haven is right close beside the Sooke Flats, Arena and Museum. Yup another spot to call would be Jock's Dock for launch and weekly tieup?. They are goin to be the only game in town soon. The way the assesments have changed I really don't see how anyone can afford to develop a Marina and Launch.[:0][B)]

Well talked to Andys wife this morning and yes they did indeed sell.. And they are going to wait till March to see if they will take bookings for the summer. So I guess they are out.. If a person waits that long chances are everything else will be booked...
Damn that place is going to be hard to replace...
I wonder what the new condos will go for hmmmmmmm..

Looks like the families are set on trying something new so its going to be camble River... I guess I better start to do some home work...

Dont go there with great expectations like fishing sooke the numbers are just not there!!!!!!you may bump into 1 or 2.

Good luck Wolf

Not on that side Kelly its on our side this year the pinks were nuts up there last year (lower knight)limits every day if you wanted them.
but up there we get pinks every year as there is so many rivers abd streams up there that they spawn. glendale cove gets a run in there every year and so does the kakewican (sp) as we used to guide for them in those rivers

Wolf

We are going to be there for 10 days wolf, I would hope we can pull off more than 1 or 2 fish... We are quite experienced at chasing the buggers, but all the local knowlege and tricks are always more than wanted and needed..
With that said how far of a run would it be from Salmon point to Knights Inlet ????

You won't be running to Knights from Salmon Point. Unless you are into overnighters.
I'll show you some spots and techniques that will get you into some fish when you get up here if you are inclined.
I live in the area and charter both west coast and east.
Give me PM when you're sure of your dates, and say hello to Monika when you book at Salmon Point for me.
Paul

Thanks blueorca, I was waiting to hear from you. I have picked up through you're conversations that you were out in that part of the woods.. And yes come next summer I will definitely be trying to get some local know how from you..
How are you making out on selling you're boat any luck yet.. What are you planning to replace it with?? I run a 2006, Lund 2000 Fisherman and we do enjoy the boat. Lots of room for our family and I feel quite comfortable in it in any water I dare venture out in.

Haven't really done that much to advertise yet as I have been way too busy with other things. Will sell it in the spring when the time is right. This could be a good year for fishing in my area but being in Salmon Point, you can get to lots of different locations to get into fish. Quadra lighthouse, Browns Bay, Cortez Island, Butte Inlet, Sentry Shoals, Bates Beach, etc. are all within an hour boat ride.

Walleyes
Post an update closer to the time you are going to C.R. and we will give you an update of the local area and what is the bait of choice. Savary Island is always good for crabs and there are some good areas for prawns close by.
For Halis you will have to go north of C.R.

Thx a bunch guys. And I am looking forward to talking to you guys later on in the season. You have made me feel a lot more confident in our decision to come up to C.R. I know with some local help we will make it a success..

Well to throw a wrench into it heard from sunny shores they will be moorage for this year I have a meeting tommorow to confirm this but looks like a go. will post what i find out for you all.

Walleyes C.R to knights would probably be about 2 hours plus you would be better to go to telegraph cove then hop over to Malcom island where we fish up there about (20 min run) but if you are going with the family it will always be good no matter where you go its about sharing time with them!!!

Good luck Wolf

Back