Browns Bay

I'm going camping in the Sayward forest lakes area just past Campbell river next week and taking my 14' tinny. Was thinking about taking a trip over to Browns Bay for a day on the saltchuck and was wondering how sheltered it is and how far from the launch I would need to go to find fish. Have never fished there and was hoping to get some experience in hopes of trying the chum fishery in Oct. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

14" Camble river... be carefull.. can get some good rip, generanly were the fish are!!!.

No problem if you head north providing no wind. You can also head over to plumper bay or deep water bay but most fish right now are being caught in browns bay max 10 min from the protected launch. If you have any questions email me. Have many friends who fish the area in 12+ foot boats the key is a good reliable motor.

Cheers ME

I go to browns often with my buddy saltybeaver and see people in small boats every time so you wont be the only one. It stays fairly nice in there and if it does get ugly, which i have never really see its only a 5 to 10 min boat ride to safety.

Too bad you aren't able to fish BB this week Bottomfeeder, the water sure was flat today and the high pressure should keep it that way for a few days. Now if the dang Springs would just cooperate and show up:( I fished for about 5 hours today and nothing and I didn't see anyone else boat anything. I don't care what the tourist promoters say, the fish are not there in the numbers they should be.

Back