Brown's Bay Chum Report

• Thread starter Thread starter Brokenrod
  • Start date Start date
CS that is the funniest boat name I ever heard of. Is it yours? What do you go by on vhf?

Just registered with the site. I was fishing with baddog when I wasn't too liquored to stand (and I have the bumps and bruises to show that I didn't stand much on Saturday night). The Chum derby was excellent! Baddog had told me what a great time he had last year and if this year was any measure, it must have been. From the moment that CS et al staggered down to the dock and helped us tie up on Thursday, till leaving Sunday afternoon, it was non-stop laughs.
I have been in quite a few derbies where it seemed like work at the end of the day, but not this one. The potluck dinner on Friday was as good as the dinner on Saturday was bad. One day I will open a Sushi restaurant in Japan and serve canned sardines on a cracker with cold powered sea weed just to get even for that oriental-style roast beef dinner. I know everyone has said the fishing was bad, but even if I had stood in the rain all Sunday and only caught a couple of fish (sound familiar filthy ***** -hahaha)I would have had a great time. I had never targeted chum before. I had heard that, pound for pound, they are the strongest of the salmon but I didn't believe it until I fought that 17.25 on Sunday. Rick said it "fought like a winner" and it did. Four long screaming runs and about 20+ minutes of good fighting. I have caught springs in the 30+ range that didn't give me as good a fight.
I want to thank Kevin and everyone else who contributed to the derby. Special mention to Jew Jeff for staying late on Sunday to watch the crews accept thier prizes. You have built up some good Karma for next year. I will definately be there next year.

John
A.K.A - Copper II

P.S. I think Pat is a conversion job in progress. Not sure which way the knife cut though.

quote:Originally posted by blueorca

Tuesday, Nog and I hit it, because it was there....
http://gallery.fishbc.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=Blueorca&id=DSCF0868b_copy

aYup, fishing did improve right after the Derby as suspected :D

T'was indeed another FINE show Folks! Certainly appreciated being there! And although the fishing through the derby was also slow for us, the radio and onshore antics more than made up for that! Will certainly be back for next year!!

Kev, THANKS for a GREAT job on the organizing etc! Ensured yet anther successfull ChumFest!! Appreciated!:D

Back up to Brown's Bay tomorrow. Loads more fish to come along, so hopefully a few more to battle! Anyone interested in a re-hash, drop me a line, or call on the cell...

Tight Lines!
Nog

Those are some mighty fine looking red Boots there Paul :D:D:D

Nog was nice to see you again alot tamer this time hhhhhhmmmmmmm wonder why?

Wolf

Red boots at night, say Lahrs you got de light.
My youngest daughter said I needed to accessorise.[^]

Back