Brown's Bay Chum Report

• Thread starter Thread starter Brokenrod
  • Start date Start date
Fished out of Browns Bay this past Saturday. (at the point on Quadra Island strait across from the marina). You could see the schools of Chum on the surface...we tried the spot and stalk technique. We landed 5 in a few hours using red and green flashers and small pink squirts. I must admit that it more fun than I thought it would be:)

Wow Blue, quite a team you have going there, with players like that you guys have to be among the favorites. Hope you don't go buy the way of the Yankees or something crazy like that. You never Know. Good luck, See you there.

Ran up to Browns Bay last night after work to drop off somethings for Iron Noggin and Crew and saw lots of nice crome chums being cleaned most people said fishing was fantastic. The road in is in fair to good condition a bit muddy in a few spots but not bad.

See you all there
Departing Tommorow AM
Cheers Kev

Well the cats out of the bag was trying to keep it a secret that I was coming up for this great event wanted to surprise a few people but oh well I am looking forward to meeting alot of the people on this forum and having a good time and being invited to be up there so ill see you all friday night for a few bevies but no golf cart drags (from what ive heard) LOL

Good luck to all Wolf

Wolf, Secret???
There's a banner at the entrance to Campbell River!!

NOW thats funny get errrr done!!!!!!!!LOL

Wolf

I wonder how they're doing. It is Sunday AM and the wind is blowing like mad, rain,grey cold fall day... I could'n't join in the derby but went out fishing there on Friday and things had slowed down quite a lot. We only landed 2 fish (lost 2[:I])

Hello just got in from up there at the derby was a blast was out with Paul from blueorca charters and alexis from painters lodge it was her retirement going away celebration and I had a ton of fun with these two great guides we laughed and joked the whole time,fishing was good hit lots and landing a few nice ones but thats not what it was all about it was more for the fun!!!!!

Our fine team had a lot of fun at ME's (Kevin)expense water ballons and fooling arond with his downriggers we were acually tame compared to what we COULD have done to him LOL

ill be back next year for sure it was well worth it thanks to all of the guys I met made me feel real welcome

Thanks for a great time Wolf

WOW!!! WHAT A GREAT TIME !!! It's to bad the fishing wasn't better but like you say Wolf the Fun Factor is what its't all about. It was a pleasure meeting some of you guys Blueorca, Wolf, CS to mention a few.
Thanks agian Kev for your time and effort.
Has anyone heard the final results, last I heard 17+ lbs had the lead, the aggrigate was low 50s.
Brokenrod

I'm proud to say that our boat won first and third place in the derby.
My buddy had a 17.25 that we weighed in around 2 PM on Sunday. I had a 16 lb that we weighed in on Saturday. There were other 16 pounders weighed in, but ours was first weighed so it won. We also had best aggregate for Sunday, but the rule makers gave the money to the second place group. They apparently wanted to spread the winnings around, so they decided that the winning fish couldn't win more than one prize, and it was part of our aggregate. Oh well, 800 bucks for the boat was pretty nice. Thanks Kevin for all of the hard work. The partying was better than the fishing, but that's what we go for anyways isn't it????

Congrats Baddog, way to go. I didn't get a chance to meet you, CS was going to, maybe next time. Sounds like we might meet for a get together next year, west coast. Did you hear what the aggregate was for both days?
Brokenrod

What a great time.
Fishing was tough for us and nothing like last year but the partying was awesome.
Great to meet some new folks and some of the Islands finest.
CS and Bryan had me wearing a perma grin whenever around and the Martinis were great on Thurs. night.:D
Sure hope you guys look me up if ever over this way but give me a weeks notice so i can get my liver prepared for it.
Thanks to Kevin for all the organising and getting our accomodations to the event.
Congrats to Baddog and crew on your great success and hope to see you guys again at the Derby.
Just goes to show that fishing people are great folks who just like to have a good time.
Thanks again for all the laughs everyone and the great in tune Happy Bday sung to me on Friday.
Definitely the biggest group that ever sung that to me and being away from home it really meant a lot,so Thanks for that too.

Cheers from rainy Haney,;)
Bruce.

Great site by the way .
Will be adding this one to the list foresure.;)

Well now that I am dry in more ways then one thought it was time to post about our adventure.

Arrived early on Thursday set up camp and moored the boat met with BB and Firstlight then headed back into Campbell river for some supplies. When we got back to the campsite Happy Hour had started and the lack of motivation to go fishing became overwelming so setttled in and decided would venture out the next day for some derby practice. Lots of laughs with myself being the brunt of many of the jokes but that was okay! Yes those pickled salmon martini's do a number on you but man are they good. Thanks CS.

Well I got up Friday morning only to be greeted and treated to some great baileys and coffee from CS and Brian but had somethings to do in town so headed out and planned to fish the afternoon.

Got out in the early afternoon for a practice session dialed the boat in landed 3 for 6 and headed in for the Friday Night Meet and Greet. Incredible food brought by some of the group and was great to meet so many different people. Thanks to Jokerwld and the others for the great BC Outdoors prizes they supplied and drew for on Friday Night. Well many laughs to the point of my belly aching thanks to CS Brian and the Copers

Saturday game on started early with a laugh as I removed the banana from my boat. Headed off to greensea ready to rock put the kicker down for the second of many pranks, some one had pulled a plug wire off the kicker quickly fixed and was ready to fish. Quickly into the fish but really had to work for them. A little later with 4 fish in the boat Blue Orca, Wolf and Alexis's pulled there gear swung in close and lambasted me with water balloons and I was soaked but it only focused me more on fishing so headed down to deepwater. After many fish hooked and lost we had limited out and it was time to go weigh in! Nothing of any great size but we felt good to have landed 8 fish.

Got cleaned up and it was time to relax a bit before dinner. More laughs and a lesson on filleting fish and it was off for dinner. Yes it was awful (Sorry out of my control)

Some socializing after dinner and it was time for bed!

Woke up on Sunday at 7 am and found it hard to be motivated to fish with the pouring rain but eventually headed out on the water only to find out that someone had removed one of my main motor spart plug wires which thankfully did not do any damage to the electrical system. Soon I was at Deepwater and was told to meet BlueOrca as soon as I got out, was ready to drop my gear only to find someone had removed both downrigger belts. After a few laughs at my expense I had my belts back and was fishing. Tougher day for us with getting out late and the added down time thanks to the pranksters we only landed 4 and lost 3.

To sum it up was tough fishing. The company was great. I didn't win but did okay fishing. Next year I will hire security for my boat.

Thanks everyone for attending many changes planned for even a better event next year. But first I have to work on somethings in my own life!

Pictures to follow
Cheers ME

Down time from pranksters cmon the kev you had your belts back in less than a minite if you would have been out there at 7:30 instead of 9:30 maybe you would have had more time to fish your lack of motivation was your doing not ours LOL I dont think your head was at A 1 condition cant be the highliner every day LOL LOL just wait till next year !!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Heh Wolf next year will have a new top on the boat so less effected by the rain, gear secured as well as being focused for all days attending. Thanks for making the trip enjoyed seeing you! I know I set myself up for some pranks and I know you guys didn't mess with my motors. By the way Roy can tell you pitch ball your a damn fine shot with those water balloons. I will also be more prepared to do battle.:D

Cheers ME

Whew!
I'm back home.
I must say, t'was the most fun I've had with my cloths on.
What Wolf said.[:o)]

Back