Browns Bay Chum Derby

quote:Originally posted by Smiley

Date conflict...hosting a BC coaching clinic that weekend!
Kids before fish I guess LOL
I will be there the weekend prior to the derby and will submit a report for those of you lucky enough to make it!
Looking foward to trying a particular trick I learned accidentally last year - perhaps it will work again (probably a one time fluke but my partners were getting annoyed at how easy it was for me to entice hits).

Smiley.

Ok Smiley.. you cant post that and not say what is is.. come on.. whats the trick..[:p]

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

We are booked and looking forward to it. Will be my second time for this.
I agree with Island fish lifter on Smiley's post. I am thinking he hit the post button before he was actually done ;)

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Got a couple of moose tags to fill this year so won't be making it..but hope at some point to get out there and have some fun with those fish!

62802394477903127812153.jpg

Alright...I've picked up lots of tips on here so might as well do some payback - hope this works for someone else.

Last day, 3 guys on board, rain was heavy and we had 2 limits, things had slowed down off Sep Head, we were out of beverages, made the decision to pull the pin for the day....for some reason instead of continuing to troll while while bringing the 4 sets of gear in I killed the kicker first.
Suddenly 3 of the 4 rods take hits! We landed 1.
Let's try that again, was it a coincidence?
Get 4 rods out while trolling and then kill the kicker.
Double header right away landed one.
Repeat, double land one.
Now almost at limit so try once more, again a triple header so we let 2 go.
So, 4 times the flashers were simply fluttering down deeper and 4 times we had instant hookups...you tell me?
We weren't on a school, no one around was into fish, nothing unusual about the depth or currents or whirlpools or state of tide?

The only awkward part was that boats around us had to move away since we had no steam on during the battles. Sorry.

Let me know if it works this year.
I will try it before the derby and report back.

Smiley.

yes smiley you stumbled on a little secret that worked for me for years . It works on other kinds of salmon too,try speeding up before you slow down;)Sammy

quote:Originally posted by Islandgirl

Got a couple of moose tags to fill this year so won't be making it..but hope at some point to get out there and have some fun with those fish!

62802394477903127812153.jpg

Whoa!!! That's really weird. I'm doing the same thing!! :D

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I was out today, had one large chum to the boat and 4 other ones on, one of which was to the boat as well, Im thinking sockeyes. Zero in the tub. It seemed to turn on slightly at the top of the flood.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Hey Chris

Yep, we're in. How about yourself?
2, maybe 3 boats. Copper 2 won't be here, he's in Afghanistan.

Cheers

Dave....I will know this week if I can make it. Will let ya know ASAP.

If it's you, holmes and I....when do we start trash talking? [:p] As Captain....can we make some sort of a rule about the Blackhawks flag? I look to you to ensure this matter is addressed in a professional matter prior to us unleashing the fury on the fleet. ;) [:p]

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

quote:Originally posted by baddogg

Hey Chris

Cheers
To bad about copper2,hope he's having a good time smashing towel heads[:0]
Dont know if i'm in,maybe a last minute thing.

th_P4150080.jpg

Chris, at this point we have room for you if you want in, the boats already there. That will make 4 of us if Pippen comes.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

quote:Originally posted by baddogg

Hey Chris

Cheers
To bad about copper2,hope he's having a good time smashing towel heads[:0]
Dont know if i'm in,maybe a last minute thing.

th_P4150080.jpg

Chris, at this point we have room for you if you want in, the boats already there. That will make 4 of us if Pippen comes.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Is all 3 days participation necessary? Id love to go for it but I doubt I'd be able to get a crew together for all 3 days. Plus I need to fernegle the time off.

Are drop ins allowed? Is there an entrance fee?

Back