Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Desolation, Alaska and the Baja/Coral Sea. Get Elon's internet and Airbnb out your place all year. That's what I'd do. If someone would offer me what I think my boats is worth to me today, I'd buy that one and do it. We may make 2023 an Airbnb year anyways.
Are you insured as a commercial vessel? Does your marina allow that? Seems sketchy, but cool if you can pull it off.

All good points. I was thinking more of a hold and trade-down to someone that wants to move up from an aluminum sport fishing boat in the 23-25' range, or close. Not a big fan on flipping. Using it as a condo on the water for a year or two also came to mind. Do Desolation etc.
Be great if it was already in a company, save taxes on the transactions. Any 100k + boat probably should be?

Are you insured as a commercial vessel? Does your marina allow that? Seems sketchy, but cool if you can pull it off.
No, we Airbnb out our house and head out with the truck camper and the boat. I'd like to do it just with the boat, no campsite fees even. Canadian insurance companies are a little shy about bareboat charters, I haven't looked into overnight rentals at the dock. You basically have to join a Charter company like Cooper/Desolation Sound yacht charters to do bareboat charters (without a captain and commercial vessel). That 42 would be perfect for a charter pool, other than again the brand name vessel. Rich people want to take a Grand Banks or a Riveria out, but the Instagram/Tiktoks would be pretty happy on that boat. I would spin up my own website, video set for that boat and market the hell out of it. If anyone wants to split it in Victoria, happy to chat about the idea over a fishing rod!

Keep working on it Kaelc,maybe even 3 day+ charters out of Victoria with accomodations on board.That boat sure looks nice in all the pictures.

No, we Airbnb out our house and head out with the truck camper and the boat. I'd like to do it just with the boat, no campsite fees even. Canadian insurance companies are a little shy about bareboat charters, I haven't looked into overnight rentals at the dock. You basically have to join a Charter company like Cooper/Desolation Sound yacht charters to do bareboat charters (without a captain and commercial vessel). That 42 would be perfect for a charter pool, other than again the brand name vessel. Rich people want to take a Grand Banks or a Riveria out, but the Instagram/Tiktoks would be pretty happy on that boat. I would spin up my own website, video set for that boat and market the hell out of it. If anyone wants to split it in Victoria, happy to chat about the idea over a fishing rod!
I’m interested

Funny to see that here, that's my neighbours boat, you can see my green house in one of the shots.

I was looking at it recently, it's definitely showing it's age.
Never knew you all had dock access there. Do any residents lease if they don't use them? Is that allowed?

it looks like this is actually a fu hua boat which seems to be different than fu hwa.

Fu hwa made boats in the 70/80s and fu hua started making boats around the 2000's.

Anyone heard or experienced this brand?

Here is the link to their site.. shows up in chinese at first.

While that sportfisher sure looks like alot of boat for the money, its next to impossible to find any info on them. Can find a bit of info on the Trawler style they built in the 80's which from what i read were a mid tier boat that was hit or miss for quality. While it sure looks nice, I'd much rather spend my money on something like this 38 Hatteras that you know was built like a tank and looks just as good today as it did decades ago. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/bod/d/port-moody-1974-hatteras-38-convertible/7548861340.html

While that sportfisher sure looks like alot of boat for the money, its next to impossible to find any info on them. Can find a bit of info on the Trawler style they built in the 80's which from what i read were a mid tier boat that was hit or miss for quality. While it sure looks nice, I'd much rather spend my money on something like this 38 Hatteras that you know was built like a tank and looks just as good today as it did decades ago. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/bod/d/port-moody-1974-hatteras-38-convertible/7548861340.html
Wow! Every time I see one of these old beauties for a good price, I start dreaming of all the adventures, overnight trips with the family, hanging out with a glass of wine pulling prawn traps… then I see a picture of the engines and poof - all the daydreams dissolve and I only think of the ongoing, stressful and expensive saga I had with my last inboard. …and that was just one engine not two!

Wow! Every time I see one of these old beauties for a good price, I start dreaming of all the adventures, overnight trips with the family, hanging out with a glass of wine pulling prawn traps… then I see a picture of the engines and poof - all the daydreams dissolve and I only think of the ongoing, stressful and expensive saga I had with my last inboard. …and that was just one engine not two!
Man, you said it.

For sure. Like gear and beer mentioned though at least its an inboard with shafts instead of inboard/outboard with outdrives. Way less bs to deal with over outdrives plus way easier to manuver with twin screws. Pretty much any cruiser over 30' is going to be inboard. Ive run the numbers on converting my 28 bertram to twin outboards and the fuel savings over the twin inboard 350's. Depending on how many hours and miles per season but would probably take 5 plus years of regular use to make up for the conversion.

For sure. Like gear and beer mentioned though at least its an inboard with shafts instead of inboard/outboard with outdrives. Way less bs to deal with over outdrives plus way easier to manuver with twin screws. Pretty much any cruiser over 30' is going to be inboard. Ive run the numbers on converting my 28 bertram to twin outboards and the fuel savings over the twin inboard 350's. Depending on how many hours and miles per season but would probably take 5 plus years of regular use to make up for the conversion.
28 Bertram w shafts is a dream boat. Can’t see the roi of converting to outboards ever paying off.

A guide boat pursuit in comox for sale. No price listed.

28 Bertram w shafts is a dream boat. Can’t see the roi of converting to outboards ever paying off.

A guide boat pursuit in comox for sale. No price listed.

It's not about ROI. You're talking about brand new power vs. old. Of course that comes at a cost..

Back