Boat Insurance...Prices are up

Samnjoe

I recently got a survey done at my insurance companies request. They then informed me that my premium is going up from $1,800.00 to $3,400.00. Pretty tough to take. Looking to get another price. Any suggestions?
Need a reputable company that knows sport fishing boats and will give me generous nav limits.

I have generous nav limits with Pacific Marine Insurance. My policy didn’t go up this year. Haven’t had a claim so can’t speak to them on that.

I have generous nav limits with Pacific Marine Insurance. My policy didn’t go up this year. Haven’t had a claim so can’t speak to them on that.
Thanks. I will give them a try.
I haven't had a claim in 20 years.

What company were you with

Johnson Meier Port Coquitlam Marine Unit does an excellent job aggressively shopping my policy around. My quote won't show up until late April but they are telling me they are expecting minimal increases through my insurer this year. 604 944 9577

Portiside gave a great price with good Nav limits.
I will check out Pacific marine as well.

Last edited:
Last year the fellow who did 2 surveys for me stated that there are only 2 underwriters in Canada, and they talk to each other.
It won't matter much which agency we use, their prices are based on the underwriter's pricing.

I went tru Hub as i was dropped after 30 plus years by western as they "got out" of the marine division. had to go with a different company last year which was a total nightmare. Then a friend suggested her best friend it was great and easy she is in charge of marine so knows her stuff didnt need to resurvey my boat. like others (even though it had one done 2 years ago. )
ill ask her if I can give out her info and get back to ya

I went tru Hub as i was dropped after 30 plus years by western as they "got out" of the marine division. had to go with a different company last year which was a total nightmare. Then a friend suggested her best friend it was great and easy she is in charge of marine so knows her stuff didnt need to resurvey my boat. like others (even though it had one done 2 years ago. )
ill ask her if I can give out her info and get back to ya
Thanks. Yes please send her contact info.

Yes her name is Rowen and comes from a background of fishermen and hunters so someone who really "get what we do" and is mostly marine insurance, All i did was fill out the form and sent it back to her.

tell her "wolf " sent or my name LOL so she knows

Rowen 250-361-7977

Good luck Wolf

Last edited:
I use Maxam who use Premier Marine. Last year was $858.00 This year $896.00. Campion 542 with 2 year old main and kicker.

Hi,
Have been a member for a few years. Although i have not posted much i have gleaned a lot of valuable tips. Thank you for that.
Well now my turn to return the favour. My insurance provider that i have used since 2008 for my 2003 Campion 602 sport cuddy was now quoting 730 for yearly insurance..... i started at under 400.00. I have a present boat survey that will be valid for one more year. I just changed insurance companies and will now go to Portside marine insurance ( kelowna office) they quoted under 400.00 for same coverage Hub is charging 730.00
was an easy decision. Hope this might help some fellow boaters.
And it covers 22 miles out all around the island.

Hi,
Have been a member for a few years. Although i have not posted much i have gleaned a lot of valuable tips. Thank you for that.
Well now my turn to return the favour. My insurance provider that i have used since 2008 for my 2003 Campion 602 sport cuddy was now quoting 730 for yearly insurance..... i started at under 400.00. I have a present boat survey that will be valid for one more year. I just changed insurance companies and will now go to Portside marine insurance ( kelowna office) they quoted under 400.00 for same coverage Hub is charging 730.00
was an easy decision. Hope this might help some fellow boaters.
And it covers 22 miles out all around the island.
That is who I went with as well. $1,100.00 down from $3,400.00 with Dolphin. Hopefully they will come thru if and when I have a claim.

Yes her name is Rowen and comes from a background of fishermen and hunters so someone who really "get what we do" and is mostly marine insurance, All i did was fill out the form and sent it back to her.

tell her "wolf " sent or my name LOL so she knows

Rowen 250-361-7977

Good luck Wolf
Update
Just talked to Rowen she only does commercial insurance

Back