Best Seat Pedestal

I’ve done a lot of searching and many who have tried both prefer the wave pro. It’s about $1100 retail plus shipping from Edmonton which I find out Monday. Can’t find it locally yet but I’m still trying.

Isn't that the same kind of money as a Shockwave? What's the advantage?

The shockwave is double the price to add a swivel. Quite silly actually.
I need to swivel because I watch the rods from there.

I just bolted the Shockwave to the swivel and mounted the old seat to the Shockwave. Pretty simple.
My drivers shockwave seat actually swivels and slides.

Swivel mounted to the floor?
What swivel is it? I’d happily go this way

I don’t see why not. Anyone tried it!?
Yup. Installing one right now. Shockwave S5 with a Garelick Seat slide/swivel on top. Best price I could find was Amazon for the Garelick at $179.
Garelick Seat Slider/Swivel. The added height of the Garelick (4”) meant I had to drop my mounting location accordingly. The Shockwave swivel/slide is only 2” tall but also about $850 before taxes so this seemed a sacrifice worth making.

The Garelick one seems very solid and will work great. You will have to drill new holes in the Shockwave to mount it though. One other thing to consider is that the Garelick has the seat slide lock knob thingy on the right side. Might be a pain to access depending on how much clearance you have if mounting on starboard side against the side of the boat.

I like the idea of Wavepro or AirWave shock absorbing seat pedestals because unlike the Shockwave I can just drop my current seat with 2-7/8" diameter Garelick swivel-slider straight over them but I'm finding it challenging to figure out the right model/size of Wavepro or AirWave to replace my Garelick pedestals. It would be simple if they just told you the total height of the pedestal from the mounting surface once installed. I get that I should add 1-1/2" in height for the travel in the seat once occupied but there are still questions. The Wavepro has a cap that looks like it adds about 2" to the pedestal and the AirWave says that the 10" pedestal translates to 11-7/8" to the bottom of the seat when the Garelick swivel slider is installed.
The Garelick swivel-slider mechanism on the bottom of my seat has the pedestal bottom out about 1/2" from the seat bottom and I can confirm that my seat bottom sits about 1/2" higher than the pedestal. If I can just slide this over the new pedestal I should be able to just add 1-1/2" to my current pedestal height to get the allowance for travel when loaded(with me) and end up with the same seat height. I think I could use another 1-1/2" in height so my math tells me to add 3" to current my pedestal and order that model. My current pedestal is 7" so the 10" model should work?
I appreciate that this is long-winded but my main question is if anyone has real world experience with either model, would the 10" Wavepro add 3" to my current pedestal or would the cap add even more height? Or is it 10" with the cap?
Also, is the Airwave 10" model 10" from the mounting surface? If so, I would think the finished seat bottom height would be about 10-1/2", not 11-7/8"? Once loaded I'd be at 9" ? Attached are pics of my swivel-slider and pedestal.IMG_4678.jpgIMG_4679.jpg

Update:
Wavepro answered my email and apparently the cap isn’t the solid cylinder it looks like in the pictures on their website but a hollow sleeve that fits over the pedestal and only adds about 1/4” to the height of the pedestal.

Update:
Wavepro answered my email and apparently the cap isn’t the solid cylinder it looks like in the pictures on their website but a hollow sleeve that fits over the pedestal and only adds about 1/4” to the height of the pedestal.
Sounds good. I am going for the shockwave to support a local company and because I know so many people that use and like them!

Airwave’s system of adding different sized posts on top of their base unit gave me the idea that you could add a post like that to the Shockwave base and my swivel-slider would just drop on. It just depends on how high the Shockwave unit sits as is. I can only go so high with my boat’s configuration

Airwave’s system of adding different sized posts on top of their base unit gave me the idea that you could add a post like that to the Shockwave base and my swivel-slider would just drop on. It just depends on how high the Shockwave unit sits as is. I can only go so high with my boat’s configuration
Shockwave is adjustable from 8-10” as is

Back