Barclay Sound Report "PLEASE"

baddogg

Crew Member
I'm heading up this weekend. No chance of going offshore as my wife is coming along. Any recent reports would be very much appreciated. Not really interested in sockeye.

Thanks in advance

Inside has been slowwww. Fished every inch of ocean from Beale to Bamfield last week when the weather was ugly offshre. Nada to show for it. Saw a 25 that came from Kirby one night thats about it. Pill point or swale rock would be my best bets to hook up a spring or two.

One in 6 days that is really slow. we are head up there in a couple of weeks hope it picks up. Did he run out to the banks? That seems to be where we do the best this time of year.

Lots of halibut offshore right now. 20 mile has been good. didnt get any springs out the last saturday, had to go in to the finger bank to get a couple. Got halibut and lings at 120 to 150 feet. My first time seeing lings out there.

Well, the reports are true. Fished from 1 til 5 pm on Saturday and 6 till noon on Sunday. Picked up a nice 22 lb. spring between Satellite and Kirby on Saturday.

Sunday caught about 6 springs, the biggest about 20 inches. Release all but the 22 lb. one. Had some of it on the barbeque tonight.

Not much being caught yet inside and reports of a bit of a slowdown offshore by several I talked to.

Back