Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your just talking to 'south bank', it probably just over an hour. Go through the broken group (main channel to the right of Mears Bluff) if you don't have a big boat and it's rough. It's longer if you're talking north of Lighthouse banks.

Just back yesterday from a week in Barkley sound...

First 4 days, stayed at Poett Nook - Inside was HOT for us! between Tuesday the 17th and Friday the 20th, we had our limit of springs from down low in the Sound. Mostly fished Pill and Assits, with a little bump along the wall and fleming here and there.

A lot of teenagers, few mid twenties and our biggest from the week was 27 from Assits.

All on anchovy, all between 22-46 ft.

LEft that group, went with a stag group where we stayed over in Julia Passage.
Fished Swale, Meares, and Cree...fishing was much slower up there, and didnt see a lot going on for boats around us either.
We managed a few fish for the 2 days, 10-23lbs, but not hot by any means out there.

heard some reports from the neighbours, they said offshore 15 miles from Ukee was totally on fire!.

limits of fish by everyone out there by 9-10 am. FIshing shallow, not beyond 50 ft for a ton of fish between 20-40 lbs.

One boat from our group went out there Sunday and they got 5 fish, lost a bunch of others.

southbank in three spots,, all good, fished my dad on sunday, banged a 30,26.. got squirt? hali's still good 5,7, 27 mile off,, coho's like mad again!! back on friday for another 10 days,,,[8D]

share the harvest
2625 kingfisher

Got Squirt???

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

My Buds went out to 30 mile to try out their new Grady,bonked 3 all around 32-34lb.plus 20's..limited for all 4 rods:)Inshore close to Bamfield wasn't so easy...fished hard AND GOT REAL LUCKY with 6 springs from 28lb and down.You really had to get the gear where they moving through.Lots of boats didn't hook a fish[xx(] NOTE: the bite would last 15 minutes.Nothing like it was 3 to 6 years ago!!:(

I was out with a group at Turtle Head and Hysen over the weekend. Fri we only got one at Turtle Head, Sat we went to Hysen and limited out within 90 mins on everything from anchovy at 130 feet to a white plug at 20 feet. Lots of fun. Tried one of those Kone flashers when we got back inside and can't say I am a fan yet. On Sunday went back to Turtle, got four teenagers for a couple of Texans then decided due to a seasick issue with one of the passengers to come back in. Fished off Meares Bluff for a while, all quiet there, then decided to drag an anchovy from Meares in the direction of Swale Rock across Coaster Channel, picked up a nice 15-pounder. Nothing at Swale or Howards Bluff, which has been good for me in the past.

Just came back from Bamfield, we spent five days there it was definately hit and miss. Some days we would get three others nada.
There was not specific spot that was consistent,caught fish off Beale one day and nothing other days.

Thru everything at them and only caught fish on anchovies with a green teaser head. It was definately slower that last year.

Total fish caught were 7 over the 5 days and the biggest was 24 lbs.

Off topic for Fog Ducker, there was another boat up there with the same name. Somebody steal your name?

LOL , na , there is a few out there , But , we all know who the Real Ducker is...[:eek:)]

FD...;)

quote:Originally posted by Sea Nymph

Just came back from Bamfield, we spent five days there it was definately hit and miss. Some days we would get three others nada.
There was not specific spot that was consistent,caught fish off Beale one day and nothing other days.

Thru everything at them and only caught fish on anchovies with a green teaser head. It was definately slower that last year.

Off topic for Fog Ducker, there was another boat up there with the same name. Somebody steal your name?

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Went out to Bamfield on monday, fished on the way out at pill, edward king and 5 mile. nothing happening not even a bite. Next morning we headed out to big bank and found the fish big time. We limited out on hali's, coho and springs in a couple of hours. Weather was great flat calm. 50 ft was the magic depth for the salmon on a uv prawn hoochie.
Wednesday we planned on the same spot but the weather wasn't cooperating. We made it a couple miles past Beal but it was ugly so we came back and fished edward king. nothing happening there or over at beal and we ended up with one spring caught on the wall.

I'm heading out of PA Saturday, if anyone is out at Turtle Head or Hysen before then I would appreciate an update. If fishing has cooled off out there, then I can have slow fishing by Lone Tree Point and save $200 in gas and 4 hours commuting time!

There are fish at all those spots plus the SW Corner. I'll be there early :D

quote:Originally posted by Sea Nymph

Sea Nymph,
thanks for posting a report. I'm heading to poett nook on saturday for 5 days. hope that the fish move in as I won't be running offshore. Did you use a lot of bait feeding mackerel or have they moved on. any info is much appreciated and thanks.

Bruce

Just got back Bruce[abl],we ended up with 10 springs over 3 days.The inside was very slow but the last morning we picked up 2 before we left at 9:00 am.We ran to Star fish off of Uclulet for our best day,kept 5 released 4 including 2 tyee.Best colour for us was the Betsy head and flasher combo at 30 to 60 ft. Good luck ,your timing is probably better than ours was.

I know it's probably been talked about a lot on here in the past but I'm going to ask the question anyway.

What has happened to the Robertson Creek run and the mid to late August inside fishery over the last number of years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back