All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first batch is here.

EpKNHshXYAMg06a

Last edited:
The first batch is here.

EpKNHshXYAMg06a

Absolutely awesome! Its incredible how far medicine has come. That there will save lives. And get our lives back to normal. Economy's back open and consumer spending back.

Absolutely awesome! Its incredible how far medicine has come. That there will save lives. And get our lives back to normal. Economy's back open and consumer spending back.
Only problem is we have so few doses coming in Q1 2021 (and even Q2 to an extent). Look at how many uk and us have secured. Very frustrating. I think if you’re thinking summer as usual in 2021 for tourism you might be wrong ....

Only problem is we have so few doses coming in Q1 2021 (and even Q2 to an extent). Look at how many uk and us have secured. Very frustrating. I think if you’re thinking summer as usual in 2021 for tourism you might be wrong ....
Except when the numbers are fudged to begin with they can start to make those numbers go down when they so choose too. Don’t worry, won’t be long and our great leaders will show us how great they are and how they saved us from ourselves. But regardless of what they use it will be good seeing things get back to normal. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel and the end in sight,

I think we are a month from the next few vaccines being approved. Not all will be as effective as the Pfizer. But more will become available. Once the most vulnerable & health care providers are vaccinated things will get better. Hospitalization & deaths will drop like a rock. Its the old an vulnerable that are the victims of covid. Once those numbers fall the governments have to ease off restrictions. The pepole will not follow guidelines anymore.

This vaccine is the start. We will still have the virus for a while but with the deaths & hospitalizations down we can start to live again.

Last edited:
Reactions: GLG
I think we are a month from the next few vaccines being approved. Not all will be as effective as the Pfizer. But more will become available. Once the most vulnerable & health care providers are vaccinated things will get better. Hospitalization & deaths will drop like a rock. Its the old an vulnerable that are the victims of covid. Once those numbers fall the governments have to ease off restrictions. The pepole will not follow guidelines anymore.

I do agree that this government **** the bed on securing early vaccines. They were all in with China and then china gave them the cold shoulder. Pfizer was approached after the Chinese backed out with Canada. The priminiseter proroughed parliament during a pandemic to avoid WE..

This vaccine is the start. We will still have the virus for a while but with the deaths & hospitalizations down we can start to live again.
If I’m not mistaken the Moderna vaccine had similar success rates as the Pfizer one.

It was scheduled to be the next vaccine tested for approval I believe

From what I can tell they expect the Moderna Vaccine to be approved in the next two weeks and it has far easier cold chain requirements. Just have to buckle down a be a hermit for a few more months.

Alberta is expected to receive an additional 25,000 vaccine doses next Tuesday. I imagine BC will be the same.

From the article:

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine requires two doses to be effective, Shandro said, but since more will soon be on the way all 29,000 doses can be used as first doses.

"We don't have to hold back any of that portion for the second dose," he said. "We are going to give the first dose of vaccine to 29,000 health-care professionals by the end of December.

This is the right strategy to vaccinate with all the incoming vaccine and my hope is that once Ontario sees this they will pivot and do the same.

Hello precious...

vaccine-truck.JPG

A truck carrying COVID-19 vaccine crosses the Canada-U.S. border into B.C. late Sunday night / early Monday morning.

Last edited:
More good news:

Pfizer-BioNTech to ship 200,000 doses to Canada for next week. More coming the following week.
2 sites active and 7 more sites will be active here in BC for next Monday, that brings us a total of 1 site per Health Authority

Moderna vaccine nears the end of the review by Health Canada and will ship within 48 hours of green light. So far data looks good.
168,000 doses of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine before the end of December.

BC and Alberta to start vaccinations today. (Alberta first reported Wednesday)

Great news. Hopefully the arrival of the vaccines will quell some of the back of line misinformation that was being spread. There are criticisms of the governments (federal and provincial), however, the one that we somehow were in the back of the line for all vaccines just didn't make sense.

We will never know how much it cost the taxpayer for Canada to 'magically' move up in the line.
As a middle age white cis gendered male, I am at the back of the line for any vaccine.
That's all cool in my book though, will keep doing what I do, working my butt off and paying lots of taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back