Alberni Inlet Reports

Hey guys, i dropped in first thing at lonetree and trolled all the way up to underwood and hit one spring all morning. Sure is slow, Hopefully something fresh comes in for the weekend
Chris(dirty-hooker)

I didn't make it out in the morning but I dragged bait from 3pm until 7:30 without a nibble. No one I saw or spoke to had any better luck and the sounder didn't show any hits[xx(] One fellow said he landed 2 Coho in the morning. I think I'll hold off until Sunday before I try again.

Tom

Hi, just spent three days at the Nook and got home this evening. In short, slow, slow, slow........ there were people who had been there four days and no fish. We managed three coho's 8, 9 and 10 as well as two springs 24 and 25 lbs. the largest two that we saw. Some guys went to Cree and 3 mile and came home empty handed. Given how slow it is, it should pick up soon. The best fishing was off Nitnat near the Nook with poor results at Kirby and The Wall.:( Striper Sniper

I'm heading over for an Alberni biathlon tomorrow (fishing in the AM and waterskiing Sproat in the PM) with my family.
Has anybody had any luck in the inlet today?
Thanks in advance!
Roo.

I was fishing for friday night and ALL day saturday and only managed 1 coho.... Lots of boats and only a few fish seen.

Just back from Port, was damned slow , 1 24lb.dark spring. Lots of fish there just off the bite.

Enjoyed a nice morning in the canal (code for skunked!).
Hung 4 rods out and tried every variable there is, nada.
One mackerel - kept for the crab traps!
The sounder showed plenty of big fish near Hohm Island but no takers.
Saw only 4 or so boated all morning.
The sounder showed huge qty of fish and bait near Lone Tree.
We saw a fair amount of jumpers close to the river but they appeared to be cohos (smaller).
Finished the day at Sproat where I was regaled with success stories by a guy who nailed them in the river while I was being shut out in the inlet!!!
Oh, well, it was a phenomenal afternoon on Sproat!
Roo.

Fished lone tree Sunday am and picked up an 18lb spring 15 minutes into the day. Figured on a 'limit' day[8D] Four hours later we'd had just one more 'hit' and it got off.[8] Didn't see many being boated but there sure was a wack of boats in the area.

Tom

Anyone hear anything on the Coho fishing in the inlet? Or any Springs as far that goes. Thank's in advance:) eman

i dunno about the inlet. but... was just down at pill point for the last 2 mornings and saw lots of fish caught. good mix of coho and springs. but it's definatly an early bite. between 6:00-8:00am biggest bite. then it tappers right off. one guy had 7 on with the biggest spring being 28 pounds. we had 6 hits all together. only landed one. but the bite deffinatly stops after 9. and the fish seem to be out more. the odd fish got picked up in blood bay but most are out off the rock. about 20 boats there all together. lots of americans that like to cut you off. just keep an eye open.

Fished wed and thurs in the canal...I heard of 2 fish being caught on wed...never saw anyone fighting a fish..I got one on thurs, the only fish I heard of being caught..The seiners worked from sun to wed and the natives fished tues night and also had an opening last night.

Hey IG: Thank's for the report. There having a seine opening on Monday to Wednesday up front. So monday could be a good day to go down aways. I'd try the Mactush area, the coho seem to like to hold in there before heading up.;) eman

Back