2024 Winter Harbour Reports

Mostly spoons so far. Grants bay was loaded with wall to wall bait about a week ago. Not much action though. We are going to head that way tomorrow morning to see what’s going on at grants.
Hi Marty - How did you do today? Any action? I kinda live for updates! thanks !

We will be there June 19th through 29th. It is great to see that the springs are already around! Hoping for good weather .

Great trip for us this year, lots of fish around in all the main spots. Dropped the lines in at Cliff on the way into WH and it was on right away, a solid hour of non stop spring action. Fished lawn point and that was even better, quick 3 man limits on springs all between 12-15lbs. Ling fishing was excellent in brooks, had to grind it out a bit for Hali but managed to get our 3. Weather was spectacular Saturday but blew up pretty good Sunday. Fished the lighthouse for a bit, lots of fish around, got into a few coho at the lighthouse and Cliff.

Out at Lawn Point...is that a troll-while-skirting-structure affair, or are you out in deeper water toward the outer closure line? I've never given down that way a fair shake. Will be up there the 20th-28th.

We are going to be in WH Wednesday night. We are staying for 10 days on the Outpost dock. My wife and I cant wait to get back to Winter Harbour! If anybody else from the forum is around, come by the red Duckworth offshore for a beer in the evening.

Great week out of Winter Harbour. Weather was not great as we lost two days due to wind and rain. One trip to Brooks gave up Hali lungs and a bunch of vermillion Rockies. Salmon at the lighthouse was great…. All salmon action was at 50-65 feet . Spoons outfished bait 2-1. I hope your weather is better than ours was!.!!

Fished with Marty for 3 days last week. only fished 2 hours the first day due to wind and rain. The 2nd and 3rd day limited on hali, lings and spring. Even a couple of cohos. Most springs were caught on white hoochie. Apparently, fishing is still going very well

Heading to WH tomorrow. Anything we should know about port Alice or coal H at the moment? Pumped to get out there!
Just got back from there. We launched from Coal. Launching was easy, timed high tide. Retrieving was a different story as we timed low tide. It’s wasn’t fun. Glad I have a smaller boat. Had to use the beach next to the ramp and drive the boat on to the trailer. As the ramp ends suddenly.

Parking was decent price and it worked. Shorter drive in truck. Just watch your tides.

Just got back from there. We launched from Coal. Launching was easy, timed high tide. Retrieving was a different story as we timed low tide. It’s wasn’t fun. Glad I have a smaller boat. Had to use the beach next to the ramp and drive the boat on to the trailer. As the ramp ends suddenly.

Parking was decent price and it worked. Shorter drive in truck. Just watch your tides.
Great thanks, the tides in and out are timed perfectly. And?? How was the fishing?

Port Alice has marked fuel also.
How is the access for a boat and trailer? My boat/trailer is 38’ long and 13’6” tall, plus my truck. I’ve driven by, but haven’t gone in. Hyde Creek Petro is easy. I’d prefer to fuel up close to the launch instead of hauling extra weight down the road to PA.

Great thanks, the tides in and out are timed perfectly. And?? How was the fishing?
Fuel at winter harbour was 2.09. Open 2-6pm.

Fishing was awesome. Easy limits of springs quite a few coho. Hali and lings were good but this was our first time there so lots of learning. Lots of fish at the docks.

Feel free to message me if you have more questions.

How is the access for a boat and trailer? My boat/trailer is 38’ long and 13’6” tall, plus my truck. I’ve driven by, but haven’t gone in. Hyde Creek Petro is easy. I’d prefer to fuel up close to the launch instead of hauling extra weight down the road to PA.
I think you should be fine, but call Port Alice Petroleum to be sure (250) 284-3530 . They are very good to deal with and price is usually competitive. They also carry bait and some fishing gear.

Back