Left pedder just before 4 today . Dropped a trap in the bay and headed straight out. On the hook just after 4 done by 6 . 3 guys 3 Hali. 126cm,124cm,114cm.Trap was full although only 3 keeper dungess. Unreal weather and unbelievable fishing.

Left pedder just before 4 today . Dropped a trap in the bay and headed straight out. On the hook just after 4 done by 6 . 3 guys 3 Hali. 126cm,124cm,114cm.Trap was full although only 3 keeper dungess. Unreal weather and unbelievable fishing.
As if you didn’t get a picture of all of that……..

MRW
Great job on the halibut and specially by 6 am, must have found the honey hole. I like the tiger prawn skirt.
Another impressive thing is, you are in bare feet and at 6 am it was only 3 deg. out side at 6am.
I have to wear my shoes all the time or I freeze, even on the warm days.
That was a 10/10 day.

MRW
Great job on the halibut and specially by 6 am, must have found the honey hole. I like the tiger prawn skirt.
Another impressive thing is, you are in bare feet and at 6 am it was only 3 deg. out side at 6am.
That was a 10/10 day.
I think he is talking PM ,

MRW
That was a 10/10 day.
Thanks . It was pm tho.

Picked up a nice 111/2 lb Hatchery spring in Beacher Bay around noon today , unbelievable fight , thot it was much bigger , took lots of line !
As a newbie still trying to get my head around the regulations, that would need to have been released, correct? Or is Beacher Bay open for hatch Chinook retention?

Ahhhh I see it now. In the FishingBC app you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the regulations, past the sections that show 20-5 closed, to see the exemption for Beecher Bay. Thanks for the clarification.

Friday Report went 8 for 8, biggest 12 lbs. 2 Outside in Beechy Head area and 6 Inside regulation area. All were hatchery except the biggest one. All released.
Sun Report Skunk, Skunk, Skunk not even a hit from a salmon.

Does my boat stink or is Sooke salmon fishing poor? Only salmon I saw was a chinook swim past my boat just a few feet under the surface. Did the usual couple of loops at Possession PT, around Secretary and out along the tide lines. Not even a little coho or shaker. Fished the surface down to 70'. No birds, whales, jumpers. Seals were all basking on the rocks. A real "Cows in the barn" kind of day.

Does my boat stink or is Sooke salmon fishing poor? Only salmon I saw was a chinook swim past my boat just a few feet under the surface. Did the usual couple of loops at Possession PT, around Secretary and out along the tide lines. Not even a little coho or shaker. Fished the surface down to 70'. No birds, whales, jumpers. Seals were all basking on the rocks. A real "Cows in the barn" kind of day.

I don’t think it’s your boat. I fished Friday and didn’t get a sniff. Nothing. Hope it turns on soon.

I don’t think it’s your boat. I fished Friday and didn’t get a sniff. Nothing. Hope it turns on soon.
Fished Pedder Bay Friday and Saturday for a couple of hours looking for a bottom fish or two. Friday 4 undersize, Saturday 1 keeper 1 released. 3 keeper crabs both days. The amazing thing was the whole bay was raining with bait. Not sure what they are but they were 4/5 inches long and looked like anchovy. Also there was small schools of 1 - 11/2 inchers among them. If they stick around for awhile will be a good sign of things to come.

Made the run down to Church looking for coho, went down to beacher with no luck. Got one bite but lost it. After a while with no bites we switched to jigging for bottom fishing and got a few and headed home.

It was real slow out there for sure

Out from Pedder this morning for Hali. Started off with a stone dead start battery. First time out in 2 weeks so I obviously left the ignition on as it's the only thing tied to it. Brand new battery so I hate draining it like that. Had the Noco booster so the engine fired right up. Dropped the hook at 6:30am and had a 86cm chicken and 3 dogs by 8:30. Called it a day, came back in the bay, cleaned the Hali and was entertained by a couple of bald eagles swooping down and cleaning up my scraps off the top of the water. Beautiful place we are fortunate enough to call home.

Back