2024 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Ran through 4 dozen live herring 7 - 10 am ….. mix of coho and really really nice grade chinook with 4 being right around or over the 20 lb mark . Picked up a limit of massive rockfish and ling aswell while on anchor salmon fishing .
Epsom or Smuggler?

Epsom was very slow this morning compared to yesterday . Two chinook from 7 - 10 am . Both very healthy sized fish though .

Moved to sangster and drifted with our live bait off the south end , ended up in a slew of nice sized hatchery coho and a few again very healthy sized chinook . Such an amazing weekend of fishing , this area of the coast has to be one of my all time favourites to fish .

Epsom was very slow this morning compared to yesterday . Two chinook from 7 - 10 am . Both very healthy sized fish though .

Moved to sangster and drifted with our live bait off the south end , ended up in a slew of nice sized hatchery coho and a few again very healthy sized chinook . Such an amazing weekend of fishing , this area of the coast has to be one of my all time favourites to fish .
Thankfully it's an unpopular opinion.

Were you using banana weights when drifting ? How many oz? Sounds like a great weekend

Fished the south end of Thormanby and Epsom yesterday evening, and it was very quite compared to last weekend. Some nice springs at the south end, and one wild coho up north... a couple sea lions were following us around at Epsom and seemed to be hunting. Once they showed up everything went dead.

Guess we should have shot over to Sangster!

Fished the south end of Thormanby and Epsom yesterday evening, and it was very quite compared to last weekend. Some nice springs at the south end, and one wild coho up north... a couple sea lions were following us around at Epsom and seemed to be hunting. Once they showed up everything went dead.

Guess we should have shot over to Sangster!

I spent a few days fishing Epsom last summer. Fun spot. What are the salmon spots on the south end of thormanby?

South end of thormanby can hold well but I find into summer it is slower than other areas nearby. Plus it is reef city and yes I've donated lead there so if you're fishing off riggers, best to watch the sounder like a hawk.

I'm pretty much jig only around Pirate Rock for a while now. Take a cruise around on arrival to see where bait is and assess wind and tide. Tracking bottom on the troll there takes all relaxation out of fishing. Especially as I'm often out solo.

South end of thormanby can hold well but I find into summer it is slower than other areas nearby. Plus it is reef city and yes I've donated lead there so if you're fishing off riggers, best to watch the sounder like a hawk.
Both of those things are definitely true.

I've not made a contribution yet, but you definitely have to keep a close watch. Found a pinnacle that wasn't on the chart and left a little reminder in my cannon ball to be careful. Epsom is the place to go to cruise around and relax. Sandy bottoms are a hell of a lot more forgiving.

Ran through 4 dozen live herring 7 - 10 am ….. mix of coho and really really nice grade chinook with 4 being right around or over the 20 lb mark . Picked up a limit of massive rockfish and ling aswell while on anchor salmon fishing .
What kind and size of hooks are you using and how do you keep the herring on the hook?
Thanks

What kind and size of hooks are you using and how do you keep the herring on the hook?
Thanks
They have all the stuff at the fuel dock at bucaneer prices are fair. Bob is awesome and I’m sure would show you how to rig one up.

Last edited:
Back