2024 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Anyone tacked Pirate Rock area / South Thormanby last few days or weekend? Curious if there are still coho stacked there.

Heard reports of some good action on the Bjerre from dock yacks over weekend. I see about 5 boats trolling out there from Francis Penn to south Bjerre today. NW hasn’t shown up yet. 🤞👌

I fished pirate/Bertha a week ago today, one coho only. Some scattered bait but mostly nothing to watch on FISH TV.

Bit late but a reminder Sangster is One and One for Coho as of FN-1:07 AM Sunday 1,2024. Springs mixed in nice bonus. Photo is from Sunday. Been saving the Go-Go-juice for a 3 day tour that sails this Friday. Push off from Secret Cove heading uphill, we plan on prospecting the known hot spots to Campbell and back. This includes just taking it all in, fishing, sure but lots to enjoy. Get out while we still have summer! Great to see the Vancouver area is finally allowed to take part. Good luck everyone,

Attachments

• IMG_4286.JPG
    IMG_4286.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4295.JPG
    IMG_4295.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 62
Well I’m done for the season, back to the city for a week then down south for 10 months running my charter boat in Mexico.

Fished epsom the past week. A lot of shakers and winter feeders released, lost some big fish as well.

Always start my tac north on the outside trying to stay in 180-230ft of water, 174 &186ft on the riggers, then turn the corner head to the beach. Anchovie and Turd hoochie 60/40% catch ratio. Was a great season up here this summer, some of the best fishing I’ve had.

Still lots of fish out there and tons of coho!

Here’s some pics from the week

Attachments

• IMG_9364.jpeg
    IMG_9364.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9283.jpeg
    IMG_9283.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9335.jpeg
    IMG_9335.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5560.jpeg
    IMG_5560.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9365.jpeg
    IMG_9365.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9377.png
    IMG_9377.png
    773.1 KB · Views: 84
Well I’m done for the season, back to the city for a week then down south for 10 months running my charter boat in Mexico.

Fished epsom the past week. A lot of shakers and winter feeders released, lost some big fish as well.

Always start my tac north on the outside trying to stay in 180-230ft of water, 174 &186ft on the riggers, then turn the corner head to the beach. Anchovie and Turd hoochie 60/40% catch ratio. Was a great season up here this summer, some of the best fishing I’ve had.

Still lots of fish out there and tons of coho!

Here’s some pics from the week
what part of Mexico do you charter

Back