2023 Winter Harbour Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tying up is the easy part in WH.
Finding someone to pay or let you know that your spot is good, well that is not always so easy.
It all comes together eventually, so don't worry too much.
I’ve got May 14-20 booked to tie up at The Outpost. I’m excited to try fishing at a new destination. I’m going to store the boat, after the trip, near Port McNeill. We’re planning to explore the Broughtons too. Maybe another WH or Kyuquot trip too?

The Outpost is the most reliable spot to take your money, be it for Lucky or moorage!
Bring cash if you want to buy ice from Qualicum Rivers, couple of spots to pick up ice.

I’ve got May 14-20 booked to tie up at The Outpost. I’m excited to try fishing at a new destination. I’m going to store the boat, after the trip, near Port McNeill. We’re planning to explore the Broughtons too. Maybe another WH or Kyuquot trip too?
Where are you storing near PM? I've thought of doing it between Broughtons trips -- we've done 2 or 3 for years.

Looks like the first weekend of June for us,
Thanks @DuroBoat for throwing me the keys to your cottage, she’s a beauty!
This place is wild… can’t wait x2
No problem Bart! You have to visualize the beauty it’s going to be lol but it’s a amazing place to stay!

Attachments

• IMG_4401.jpeg
    IMG_4401.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5020.jpeg
    IMG_5020.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    663.5 KB · Views: 124
Saw you have a stack of lumber ready to go for what looks like a deck build! Going to be nice to have a new deck!
Ya, a deck makes all the difference! …a lot safer too. Can’t wait to crack a beer on the boardwalk one evening and check out your new kitchen and outdoor area… back to the computer for now :(

Oh ya for sure! Kitchens are coming along nicely! Next weekend I will be attempting to transport the new stone countertop on the road into WH. Going to be slowwwww… hopefully not as bad as the shipping container took us 5 hours on the dirt to get it there.

What will the mosquitoes be like, at this time of year? I went by RV 4 years ago, in August, and they were relentless. I’ll bring the bug juice anyway, but considering secondary measures if necessary

Saw you have a stack of lumber ready to go for what looks like a deck build! Going to be nice to have a new deck!
Ya, a deck makes all the difference! …a lot safer tooCan’t wait to crack a beer on the boardwalk one evening and check out your new kitchen and outdoor area… back to the computer for now :(
What will the mosquitoes be like, at this time of year? I went by RV 4 years ago, in August, and they were relentless. I’ll bring the bug juice anyway, but considering secondary measures if necessary
We were up there a lot last summer and never bothered by the mosquitoes. I think there a lot more in the woods than along the beach

So far it’s been a good trip. A lot hotter than we expected, but beats the rain any day. No mosquitoes either!!

First full day of fishing today. We got 6 Lings, 6 black rockfish, and one 15 lb spring. We fished the reefs off of Lawn Point. Trolling a glow and brown turd hootchie 10 feet off the bottom, was our top producer. It’s supposed to blow a little SE tomorrow, so hopefully it won’t be too rough.

It seems like most operations are just getting set up. No flake ice to be had, but The Outpost has guest freezers, so that helps a lot. Staff is very helpful and accommodating. So far a good quiet trip.

So far it’s been a good trip. A lot hotter than we expected, but beats the rain any day. No mosquitoes either!!

First full day of fishing today. We got 6 Lings, 6 black rockfish, and one 15 lb spring. We fished the reefs off of Lawn Point. Trolling a glow and brown turd hootchie 10 feet off the bottom, was our top producer. It’s supposed to blow a little SE tomorrow, so hopefully it won’t be too rough.

It seems like most operations are just getting set up. No flake ice to be had, but The Outpost has guest freezers, so that helps a lot. Staff is very helpful and accommodating. So far a good quiet trip.

What was in the belly of the spring? Have found the turds are dynamite when there’s a squid hatch, otherwise spoons & rubber. I’m jealous.

What was in the belly of the spring? Have found the turds are dynamite when there’s a squid hatch, otherwise spoons & rubber. I’m jealous.
She had an empty stomach. Hopefully we find the salmon, this trip. One of the locals said Lawn point kicked out a few recently. That’s why we chose there today. The one we got came in like a ling, and we netted it before it woke up and realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back