Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Dinner at the pub was pretty good quality, although the service wasn’t top notch and they seemed short staffed.

2) Fishing has been solid to say the least. Camper and East Point have had some amazing bites. Last evening at East we had non stop action for a couple of hours and the same with this morning. Anchovies and spoons were 50/50 and the usual 30-48 feet were the tickets. Lots of fish back at the dock. Most seem to be teens with a few higher grade (20-24ish) coming in. Haven’t seen much for large fish this week.

Fished camper Thursday,got pulled into east point for a circle 700 ish,nope gotta go to camper,very flat ocean (swell wise) surface breeze pushed up island was minor though,weird weather is workin for that.for me spoon side produced shakers,went to meat ,small herring/greys harbour sardines,4 springs..1main line failure. if you get my wife’s purple flasher use it,lol,it works.
Tip of the cap to renfrew hatchery,not sayin they did it all,but quietly have done well.

By over here, I mean in the Renfrew report thread....I'm just nudging the tree...seeing what info falls out.

By over here, I mean in the Renfrew report thread....I'm just nudging the tree...seeing what info falls out.
Fished last Sat-Tues. Fishing slowed quite a bit from the week prior. There were still some springs around but you had to work for them. Bite times seemed pretty short with hours in between bites. Monday was epic for about a 2 hour bite, unfortunately it was one of those days and we went 1/8, it was frustrating to say the least, 6 of those 8 were really nice fish. That’s a wrap for this year, commence hunting.

Fished last Sat-Tues. Fishing slowed quite a bit from the week prior. There were still some springs around but you had to work for them. Bite times seemed pretty short with hours in between bites. Monday was epic for about a 2 hour bite, unfortunately it was one of those days and we went 1/8, it was frustrating to say the least, 6 of those 8 were really nice fish. That’s a wrap for this year, commence hunting.
And one of those fish from Saturday is about to come out of the smoker!

Heading out tomorrow for Coho and Mackeral... Yup. Father in law is keen.

Any reports of where to find coho, how deep etc?

Also thinking of hunting for hali and maybe black cod, any being caught?

Thanks
That’s quite the shopping list

Got back from Renfrew last night after 3 days of fishing. Fishing at Camper was good, assisted by calm seas. Anchovy between 30 and 45' seemed to work best. Fishing was steady during the morning with a good bite between 9 and 11:30. We ended with 4 springs in the boat up to 17 lbs. We lost 4 (of course they were much bigger). Lots of coho showing up at the dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back