2023 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring fishing is still unreal at TC. Fish out front , fish at Malcolmn, most below the pinks 120 is. More springs than I have ever seen here.
I like your report! I’ll be there in about a week, just gotta get through this week of work

Spring fishing is still unreal at TC. Fish out front , fish at Malcolmn, most below the pinks 120 is. More springs than I have ever seen here.
hows the size? We are going trophy hunting in a couple days staying in Mitchell Bay, not so much freezer filling. Be great to find some hogs!

We'll be launching in Port McNeill Friday and spending most of our time on the Broughton side - Wells Passage and Fife. We may troll a bit around Malcolm on the way over or the way back. Hoping to catch a few of the springs we had to release in July. And keep wild coho on that side.

The mainland inlets have been very disappointing so far . I have made trips over once a week to look for coho , all the usual spots James point , Cramer pass and Fife sound have been terrible for coho. We could not scrape up a single fish . There are lots of springs though. I sure hope they show up soon , as we only have a couple more weeks here

The mainland inlets have been very disappointing so far . I have made trips over once a week to look for coho , all the usual spots James point , Cramer pass and Fife sound have been terrible for coho. We could not scrape up a single fish . There are lots of springs though. I sure hope they show up soon , as we only have a couple more weeks here
A couple more weeks, because you have to hurry home to what? You still have come up and seen the antler creation.

hows the size? We are going trophy hunting in a couple days staying in Mitchell Bay, not so much freezer filling. Be great to find some hogs!
98% have been slot limit springs but there is the odd decent one

98% have been slot limit springs but there is the odd decent one
seems like the whole coast - piles in the 10-18lb range out there! Well went with a little later in season this year to shoot for quality over quantity, so fingers crossed.

Did a beach trip to Cluxewe for dinner last night - where did all the pinks go? It hasn't rained! The beach was full of jumpers not long ago.

I guess that the 2-3 weeks of non-stop pinks up this way is coming to a close (thankfully), and the wave of Fraser and down island stocks have passed?

Bring on the big chinook and fall coho!

Slow for us at Fife and Wells on the mainland side, but we kept a few coho and had ~18 lb spring wrap around the leg and release. Weather improving now, and smaller tides.

I’ll keep you posted
There still lots of Springs left at Malcolm. We'll be back out tomorrow also.
Eden , nice to hear some Coho at Fife hope they keep coming

Any Orca out around the Telegraph / Broughtons areas? I kinda try and avoid them while fishing for obvious reasons, but have family coming up who want to catch a few fish, but also get a good thrill out of seeing Orca.

The few times I've been out locally around Blackfish it's been all humpbacks.

Any Orca out around the Telegraph / Broughtons areas? I kinda try and avoid them while fishing for obvious reasons, but have family coming up who want to catch a few fish, but also get a good thrill out of seeing Orca.

We saw transients in Wells yesterday. No others in past 4 days.

one pod (4 or 5) cruised by on Saturday off Black Bluffs north side Malcolm, never saw any on south side, but 4 or 5 humpbacks every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back