2023 Gulf Island Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porlier Pass today at low tide, no luck and it didn’t look like the other boats were very successful either.

Fished Sandheads yesterday on the way over for an overnighter. Just 2 pinks, 1 hatch ho and a lost screamer. Grabbed a 8lb ling in the evening but a lot of undersized, clearly been fished out pretty good.
Kinda accidentally on purpose knew it would be too rough to cross back this morning so, sorry wife it’s unsafe I have to stay over here 😎
Jigged east entrance active pass a bit this morning but no luck. Trolled the 80-110’ tack lighthouse to near Laura point but no bites.
Went into Miners Bay and worked a bait ball and got a pretty 8lb feeder spring at 55’ on naked herring with dummy flasher.
Man I live fishing Miners Bay, not the hottest place but holds some fish and just beautiful.
Got the rest of the day… has Collinson been producing??
IMG_3635.jpegIMG_3632.jpegIMG_3627.jpeg

Fished Sandheads yesterday on the way over for an overnighter. Just 2 pinks, 1 hatch ho and a lost screamer. Grabbed a 8lb ling in the evening but a lot of undersized, clearly been fished out pretty good.
Kinda accidentally on purpose knew it would be too rough to cross back this morning so, sorry wife it’s unsafe I have to stay over here 😎
Jigged east entrance active pass a bit this morning but no luck. Trolled the 80-110’ tack lighthouse to near Laura point but no bites.
Went into Miners Bay and worked a bait ball and got a pretty 8lb feeder spring at 55’ on naked herring with dummy flasher.
Man I live fishing Miners Bay, not the hottest place but holds some fish and just beautiful.
Got the rest of the day… has Collinson been producing??
I went past Collinson last Saturday, 5 boats out hooking into springs right at the point, pinks had mostly left. I fished the outside near Lions Islet and we ended up retaining 4 chinook (11 - 15lb) in 130' of water - reeling down hard and quick on the bite made a big difference. 70' down with skinny-gs. Friday last day before the rains are predicted, this Sat afternoon lumpy at 12kts+

I went past Collinson last Saturday, 5 boats out hooking into springs right at the point, pinks had mostly left. I fished the outside near Lions Islet and we ended up retaining 4 chinook (11 - 15lb) in 130' of water - reeling down hard and quick on the bite made a big difference. 70' down with skinny-gs. Friday last day before the rains are predicted, this Sat afternoon lumpy at 12kts+
Yeah I wanted to hit the outside but it was too hairy that morning. Tried Collinson for a couple hours but no luck, tide was pushing pretty good.

Hi all, I am thinking about giving Collinson a try this weekend. Are there still fish out there? I have never been out there to fish but I hear it can be good.

Put a couple shifts in last weekend. Fri am was pretty good. Got a handful of wild and one hatch coho and a couple small springs right around the keep minimum. Sat am - just a million shakers and no good hits. Seemed to get all our fish around 70ft, but a guy out there told us he was really getting into them at 170. Sat, we got shakers at all depths.

Hi all, I am thinking about giving Collinson a try this weekend. Are there still fish out there? I have never been out there to fish but I hear it can be good.
Yes I can be good and hopefully there are a few fish around. Im heading over as well, so we shall find out

Put a couple shifts in last weekend. Fri am was pretty good. Got a handful of wild and one hatch coho and a couple small springs right around the keep minimum. Sat am - just a million shakers and no good hits. Seemed to get all our fish around 70ft, but a guy out there told us he was really getting into them at 170. Sat, we got shakers at all depths.
Thanks for the info

Still wondering if there are any reports from Porlier. Is it worth trying for some Coho post Lingcod fishing this weekend? Thanks in advance.

Probably finished off fishing this year with our limit of 3 lings and a bonus spring at Porlier on Saturday. Weather permitting might get out off Nanaimo once or twice during Oct to search for clipped coho. Another productive and enjoyable season; sure love where I live.

Made a few passes at Collinson this past Saturday right at the lunch slack..hit a two wild Coho and couple shaker Chinnook 70 and 88'..first time dropping gear there..nice tack on the slack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back