2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Not sure if Bowser is captured in this region but will be in the Bowser/qualicum Bay area this weekend and wondering if there is any winter chinook action. Last fished the area 30 years ago... thanks for any intel!

A quiet thread? 🤫
On Denman next week. Is it worth bringing the boat?

A quiet thread? 🤫
On Denman next week. Is it worth bringing the boat?
Sorry, forgot to post but we were up at Kitty hump on the weekend before last. We caught 5 winters in two hours about 200 feet down. 2 were keepers. A plug on one side with a spoon and flasher on the other. 3/2 All around the morning slack.

Got the Commander back in the water. Looking to wet some Prawn traps before commercials wipem out. Anyone sharing very general locations to hit?
It's no secret that you will find guys prawning in Baynes Sound. We prefer up by Quadra, on the East side or over near Twin Islands. If you have nothing on a one hour soak, move.

Was out from Comox on Friday. Four to the boat in 1.5hrs, two undersize, two in the future slot. Then some decent action jigging for rockfish.

Coho opened today. Any action in the area for the keeners with time to get out? I'm planning on taking the wife and mother in law out tomorrow. Was going to head to kitty and see what's happening over there

So I was chatting with the kreel surveyor at the Comox marina while pulling my boat out last Sunday and she said lot’s of clipped coho being caught in the area. So I would assume that would be at the Kitty Coleman hump, we bottom fished at the south end of Denman/Hornby and there were at least a dozen boats trolling by Norris rocks. Any reports from members?

in fact picked up a nice clipped coho at Kitty this am. Lots of fish actually, and also lots of annoying as **** weed in the water. Aside from the cohos, also had several spring and quite a few doggies.

So I was chatting with the kreel surveyor at the Comox marina while pulling my boat out last Sunday and she said lot’s of clipped coho being caught in the area. So I would assume that would be at the Kitty Coleman hump, we bottom fished at the south end of Denman/Hornby and there were at least a dozen boats trolling by Norris rocks. Any reports from members?
I was out at Lazo this evening. Lots of bites, but all wild chinooks… mostly small, but a few slot size. Zero coho ☹️

My Facebook is filled with old Vanier boys slaying what looks like Coho. Anyone on here having any luck? Looks like it may open on the 14 for a chinook for a slot size?
I was down at Kitty on sun and got 5 coho-one was a hatch-6 released Springs a few were pushing the slot I guess-never brought them aboard.

My Facebook is filled with old Vanier boys slaying what looks like Coho. Anyone on here having any luck? Looks like it may open on the 14 for a chinook for a slot size?
My last four days out we’ve limited out on Coho each time. Catching about 1:1 wild to hatchery. Zero Springs on these days, but I’ve been purposefully fishing shallow. 50ft, in 160-220 of water. Each time took a bit to find them, but then constant double headers once on them.
Never caught Coho before this season, been enjoying their fight! Lost many at the surface too.

My last four days out we’ve limited out on Coho each time. Catching about 1:1 wild to hatchery. Zero Springs on these days, but I’ve been purposefully fishing shallow. 50ft, in 160-220 of water. Each time took a bit to find them, but then constant double headers once on them.
Never caught Coho before this season, been enjoying their fight! Lost many at the surface too.
Nice fishing out of Pacific Playgrounds? How is the channel this year I have a 10 inch draft but don’t need extra stress!

Nice fishing out of Pacific Playgrounds? How is the channel this year I have a 10 inch draft but don’t need extra stress!
One day out of Pacific Playground, the rest from Comox. I won’t use PP unless tide higher than 7ft…. To dicey.

Going out tomorrow morning for some cohos… thinking about Hornby/ floral. Any recent reports from that area? Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back