2022 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you know but Oli has cancelled his tuna derby. Is any one still planning on going? But I would agree derby is nice to learn the how to of tuna. I have always found PNT in Parksville a great place to get gear and advice. Also one should get some terafin data before going out. It is a big blue ocean best to narrow the odds a bit.

Didn't get my new boat out for tuna last year, but this year it HAS to happen. For those of you with twins, do you troll on one or two engines? Hopefully they come early this year and stay a while!

Didn't get my new boat out for tuna last year, but this year it HAS to happen. For those of you with twins, do you troll on one or two engines? Hopefully they come early this year and stay a while!
you coming to bam?

Bit of a poke for me still little closer for the island guys

Attachments

• 3DAAD6C4-2AC1-4EC7-9CD8-11FC326FD405.png
    3DAAD6C4-2AC1-4EC7-9CD8-11FC326FD405.png
    281 KB · Views: 139
Does anyone have feedback on a quality antenna for maximum range offshore? I was thinking about getting 6db Morad hot rods or the Shakespeare 6db 5225xt 8ft or the 6db 9'6" 5399 galaxy all in a top mount so 8 to 9' is max. Not looking for a theory lesson, just wondering if someone had a wow, that's good rx/tx moment with a particular antenna. Or what do you use?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Planning a corporate trip out to Tofino in the fourth week of September. Am very keen to get out for a tuna fish. Wondering two things 1) is that time of year still productive and 2) any recommendations on guides/operators. Thanks!

Planning a corporate trip out to Tofino in the fourth week of September. Am very keen to get out for a tuna fish. Wondering two things 1) is that time of year still productive and 2) any recommendations on guides/operators. Thanks!
@Aces may know someone up there still running
With being that late in the year weather will play such a huge factor there is a good chance of cancellation of trip but never know

Charter Tofino , Kelly Aspinal

tunas will still be out there.. water can be amazing that time of year. Good Luck!

@Aces may know someone up there still running
With being that late in the year weather will play such a huge factor there is a good chance of cancellation of trip but never know
Yes I know several guys that could take him out. My buddy won the Race for the Blue last 2 years

PM me for info

Hey there. Planning a tuna trip this year. I've never done it. Wondering what people do when processing fish? People sometimes get big numbers, so what do people do for Ice and storage? How do folks transport their catch? Is there a trick to this? Any tips?
Thanks, Trevor

Hey there. Planning a tuna trip this year. I've never done it. Wondering what people do when processing fish? People sometimes get big numbers, so what do people do for Ice and storage? How do folks transport their catch? Is there a trick to this? Any tips?
Thanks, Trevor
Get good at loining them. The processors charge big bucks

Cool. If we are lucky enough to get some, are loined fish good for transport? Do we leave skin on ?
For ID.....but I guess it the only tuna around, and you can count the fish by adding up the loins?

Cool. If we are lucky enough to get some, are loined fish good for transport? Do we leave skin on ?
No
No, skin them first. Bag them 4 loins (1fish) per bag if on ice, for proof of possession limits

honestly, start watching some you tube videos..
bleed, cool, loin them, skin comes off easy if you learn the process. vac pac. keep em cool during this process too. lots of small things will make you better at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back