2022 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems quiet on this page! I went out last week (Tuesday morning) and quickly got two springs and lost one that popped the downrigger pretty hard. Catch and release only so I played them and released from the water.

Attachments

• D1A93549-FCA9-4927-A728-1B89737D1FCD.jpeg
    D1A93549-FCA9-4927-A728-1B89737D1FCD.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 84E4A6B1-5663-4ECF-AAB7-30068987C1A4.jpeg
    84E4A6B1-5663-4ECF-AAB7-30068987C1A4.jpeg
    645.9 KB · Views: 118
Out this morning to battle the elements. Wet but great fishing! 7 springs to the boat including two double headers and lost three (one looked like nice coho that did classic jump right out of the water and spit the hook). Only two of the them were undersize. Catch and released all then targeted and caught one nice ling.looking forward to better weather and July opening!

Last edited:
I am currently recovering from some long awaited surgery so haven't been out since the end of March. Anybody else testing the waters these days? Hope to be back on the water at the end of the month!

I had a quick trip to Egmont Monday afternoon and yesterday in the downpour. Each day I saw a single hit, both 66 cms. I saw one other bonked Monday and one yesterday out of the 5 boats there. Orcas are in the area too, they came up Agamemnon when I entered Monday at 1:30 PM and headed down Sechelt Inlet by 5 PM or so. It was slower than I had seen recently, and that was to be expected with the drop in air pressure for Tuesday, and the whales around didn't help.

I won't be back around the Coast until July 17 so keep the updates coming and see you all out there!

Fished epsom a few days ago just to shake off some rust and get the father in law and kids out for a bit. Lots of bait and fish around. We fished for a couple hours in the evening and had 6 legal fish to the boat, biggest in midteens. Flicked em off with the gaff of course as no retention right now but was nice to see so many fish and massive bait balls around. Really would have been nice to keep a 10lber for dinner but …

Attachments

• AE6B7885-745B-4AF8-98AA-279713CD148A.jpeg
    AE6B7885-745B-4AF8-98AA-279713CD148A.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 98
Fished epsom a few days ago just to shake off some rust and get the father in law and kids out for a bit. Lots of bait and fish around. We fished for a couple hours in the evening and had 6 legal fish to the boat, biggest in midteens. Flicked em off with the gaff of course as no retention right now but was nice to see so many fish and massive bait balls around. Really would have been nice to keep a 10lber for dinner but …
That shot of Epsom on your plotter screen makes me wish I could get there sooner than August. I guess with the closures on it would just be that much more frustrating...

Went out to QB to enjoy the beautiful sunset and track where the fish are for July opening. Didn’t see any bait or fish on the sounder but did catch and release two nice springs (larger being 16 lb. Second one was a brute on the line and made the release part all worthwhile. Both brought into the boat by hand then quickly released after measurement.E636227B-40CA-496F-A7C1-A848D1C8CE6C.jpegF2894656-E832-4EF7-BC0B-CD76B28F29EF.jpeg89E7864C-4936-4FDD-A1F3-78E679F12817.jpegFCBCFD92-AE73-4034-860F-8D293CAAE83E.jpeg

Went out to QB to enjoy the beautiful sunset and track where the fish are for July opening. Didn’t see any bait or fish on the sounder but did catch and release two nice springs (larger being 16 lb. Second one was a brute on the line and made the release part all worthwhile. Both brought into the boat by hand then quickly released after measurement.View attachment 81582View attachment 81581View attachment 81580View attachment 81583

I think it's super fishy right now down that side of texada...nice work.

anybody trying up the inlet for keepers?

I'm going to be trying as much as I can starting Thursday, out of Secret Cove.

Have not fished up the inlets yet (mostly just fished around Epsom and S Texada), so any suggestions would be appreciated. Will report back on results.

We got one hit, one keeper on Friday evening. And then had a really quiet Saturday morning but finally found some on the afternoon shift. Lost a good one at the boat and had several unders. Never thought I'd say this but at that point it was actually nice just to have some action. It was too hot to be staring at rods for hours on end with no adrenaline hits helping us through it. Sounded like things had really died off since earlier in the week. We did VERY well there last year at the same time. Easy limits on both days. A lot of ice went to waste on this trip.

Last edited:
I'm there Friday and Saturday morning this week, just look for my boat and do the opposite and you'll do great! Aim for 90 to 110, as shiny uv spoons and flashers as possible. I find better action away from egmont pt towards Killiam. Guys will also hit the shelf under the second of lines before the ferry terminal, south side. I haven't but saw some rods bent when I went by 2 weeks ago. Have a blast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back