2022 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished the humps area this morning, lots of just keeper or slight unders and picked up a 16.5 lbs 80cm white and one around 73cm. Beautiful fish footballs with purple colouring, great fight.most action on plugs but the bigger fish came on uv white turd

I dropped the lines for an hour. Had one hit that popped off at 260 feet on the rigger with the Rain City Special combo. Watched the whale show, had a beer, a quick skinny dip and now I'm en route home air drying. It's one of those ***** plates out here. What a life. I'll swing by again on my way to Hornby in a few weeks

You launched right before me, was wondering if that was you after reading the bamfield report and you coming and going from French creek. I was in the blue kingfisher launched right as you left. Was a great evening outside French creek.

Been having a pretty steady couple of weeks night fishing the humps. 3 or 4 different plugs all seem to be hitting just off bottom plus a Skinny (Outfitter). Had 4 good hits tonight, landed a mid 70s cm, an upper 60's cm and lost 2 others after a couple of good battles. Just awesome night all around. Definitely worth finding the groupings of bait and going back to it.

Last edited:
Hit low slack today and lucked out and got two within an hr, down deep as usual with a 5” 500ii tubby. Unlucky part was losing my 18lb ball with all the fixings. One fish came pre-rigged with its own tandem hook set up

Attachments

• 187AFC6E-7089-4919-961E-91C5C5397520.jpeg
    187AFC6E-7089-4919-961E-91C5C5397520.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 143
Anything happening at the mouth of the little Q? Thinking about taking a poke in the next week....
Fished it in the wind sunday and nada… no other boats out that way either. You would think that the fish would be staging there by now.

Fished French creek this morning. Pretty slow for me. Never saw any nets out
Headed back to ballenas tried for another hour no love. Great day on the water

This morning’s report
3 jacks
3 shakers
1 decent one that fell off the hook

We started at French Creek but it was a little rough so we ran up to the Little Q for our first time this season.

There was lots of bait in front of French Creek (which has been decent for us in past week) but the crew wanted omelettes and champagne and orange juice so a move to flat calm water was requested.

Food and drinks were excellent.

Not a fishing report but an amazing evening. Ran to Tribune Bay for dinner on the boat with some friends. 3 humpbacks cruising around a couple miles east of Hornby then on the way back we stopped and watched 10-12 whales feeding in the same location. Watched for about half an hour as they worked their way past us. What an incredible show on an incredible body of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back