Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out this morning with a buddy. Fished from 9:30-1:30pm. Absolutely a stunner of a day. Started off the fingers. Just got a bunch of shakers. Spent a couple hours there then trolled to just past Neck Point. Ended up with just one decent size wild coho that was released. So many jumpers and fining fish. They looked dark though. Could not get them to bite. Tried a bunch of tackle. The wild coho took a hootchie.
Bunch of boats stayed close to fingers. Others just went all over never staying in one spot. Make me think that fish were not biting.

Saw a humpback whale.
Ocean was glass. Just beautiful.

Attachments

• ABBBFC28-A514-4CE3-BDF8-B6829940C0C7.jpeg
    ABBBFC28-A514-4CE3-BDF8-B6829940C0C7.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 9DE117CB-394C-49EB-A623-52D8305C6D81.jpeg
    9DE117CB-394C-49EB-A623-52D8305C6D81.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 04AE51E7-241A-49FB-A16D-9DD2400D8E6D.jpeg
    04AE51E7-241A-49FB-A16D-9DD2400D8E6D.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 57
Was part of the crowd Sunday afternoon at fingers. Threw the trap in off neck point then was heading back towards fingers to fish when we saw all the fish jumping near us so decided to drop the lines there and got a good sized chum right away. First one I've caught in the salt water and was much more coloured up than I would have expected. looked like a late season river chum with all the stripes and a dark belly. a handful of shakers on the way to fingers then absolutely nothing where all the boats were circling. decided to troll back towards where we set the trap and got back into the fish. best one in the boat was a 61cm chinook (I measured it twice and shed a tear putting it back in the water) but lots of clips popping and two double headers with what felt like very nice fish that never made it to the boat. Our best action was in around 500' of water with the riggers on either side of 200' (though the chum was 100' on the DR).

PSA: Cabelas has skinny g's for $6.99 right now.

Was part of the crowd Sunday afternoon at fingers. Threw the trap in off neck point then was heading back towards fingers to fish when we saw all the fish jumping near us so decided to drop the lines there and got a good sized chum right away. First one I've caught in the salt water and was much more coloured up than I would have expected. looked like a late season river chum with all the stripes and a dark belly. a handful of shakers on the way to fingers then absolutely nothing where all the boats were circling. decided to troll back towards where we set the trap and got back into the fish. best one in the boat was a 61cm chinook (I measured it twice and shed a tear putting it back in the water) but lots of clips popping and two double headers with what felt like very nice fish that never made it to the boat. Our best action was in around 500' of water with the riggers on either side of 200' (though the chum was 100' on the DR).

PSA: Cabelas has skinny g's for $6.99 right now.
Good work on the chum. I fished for two days straight at Browns Bay and didn't hook one 😅

Hi Everyone,

Here is the location, and time of meeting.

Agenda/previous meeting minutes will be sent out the week before with a reminder. Details are as follows:

Date: Thursday Oct 27th 7-9 pm

Location: Nanaimo Fish and Game Protective Association (Building to right in main parking lot)

Address: 1325 Nanaimo Lakes Rd, Nanaimo, BC V9X 1X8

Google map link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/N...795e821199571!8m2!3d49.1278087!4d-123.9804368
Bump.
Just a reminder of meeting this Thursday. Like to see a fairly large showing as it our first in person meeting since Covid. DFO will be present at the meeting, and we will discussing a lot of issues that cover area 17 from Ladysmith, Nananimo, and up to Nanoose.

Note:
Nanaimo River Hatchery is having there annual garage sale/open house fundraiser. If you have any boating or fishing gear you would like to donate please bring them to the meeting. They will be collected there.

Anyone having success out of Nanaimo right now?
Was out for an hour and a half with my old man yesterday afternoon, tons of action. We didn’t see anything over but a few close. A lot of bait which is nice to to see in November. Should be a good winter season. Nice way to kill and afternoon, good to see dad back on a rod.

Attachments

• 1EA1F305-FBCB-48E0-BD2A-6BB8F935DA4F.jpeg
    1EA1F305-FBCB-48E0-BD2A-6BB8F935DA4F.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 110
Was out for an hour and a half with my old man yesterday afternoon, tons of action. We didn’t see anything over but a few close. A lot of bait which is nice to to see in November. Should be a good winter season. Nice way to kill and afternoon, good to see dad back on a rod.
Same here, lost count how many just under, finally got a 66cm at the end of the day.

Nicely done. I thought about getting out yesterday. Then got lazy. Looked beautiful.
Anyone have any success at this time of year around here? If yes, what depth of water are you fishing in? I trialed 150-300' around neck point and didn't mark much of anything

Anyone have any success at this time of year around here? If yes, what depth of water are you fishing in? I trialed 150-300' around neck point and didn't mark much of anything
I would try out in deeper water past the fingers, 600+ and down 160-200.

was out on saturday afternoon and conditions were beautiful but it was the first trip of the year we got nothing to the boat. Should have tried out deeper like Unreel said, we were sticking around the 200' lines fishing near bottom. marked plenty of bait but nobody wanted to play. Awesome humpback sightings at sundown though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back