Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading up in July 1st to 8th. Hopefully hit it right!

Should be okay around Spring Island but unfortunately it is non-retention offshore for salmon so Kyuquot Reef and out to the highway is a no go.

Lots of spots to the south for white fish as well or out on the reef for lingers. Tons of structure around to target the bottom guys.....have got hali on the flats just outside of Lookout Island as well.

can anybody give me a little insight on trailering a 30 foot boat into Fair Harbour, road condition etc
I've done it a 3 times, including last year. They have done lots of upgrades to the road but it's a sloooww go pulling a big boat in.
It's 85km from the paved highway to Fair Harbour , depending on the road it takes me about 3 -4 hrs ( including about 6 quick stops for a trailer check), parking is good, ramp is just ok and you need the tide to be in for retrieving. It's a serious commitment getting in there and yes make sure you have a spare tire

It's just over 60 NM, so it would be three hours for me, in good to average weather.
75 litres of diesel. Top up at Ceepeecee on the way there and back.

Has anyone been fishing up at grassy or mushroom point recently? Wondering if the squid have showed up yet? Thanks!

For the past 4 years my son and I do an annual boat-venture-fishing trip for a week each summer. Every year we do a new area. This is our 5th year, we started when he was 3 years old and so far have done Desolation, Clayoquot, Nootka, Broughtons and now this year we have selected Kyuquot. I have never been there. we plan on towing to Fair Harbour and launching from there. He's almost 8 now so it gets more fun every year. Would love any info on spots (or at least general area) to fish for Halibut, Ling or Salmon and any cool things to check out to better point our adventure. The plan is to make our way towards Naspariti inlet and back, stopping along the way and doing some fishing. Unlikely we go far offshore unless its flat calm which is basically never up there. I did just recently realize most of Checleset bay is either RCA or finfish closure which will make fishing a challenge but it will be fun all the same i'm sure. If anyone can Pm me any info, it would be really appreciated! Oh and our dates are July 29 - Aug 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back