2022 Brown’s Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
any one know thanks giving long weekend is good time to go brown's bay for coho or chum? thanks.
Will be late for Coho... but if it is a good chum year it should be getting going by then. I fished a beautiful flood at Greensea on Sunday and never saw a rod move among the 10 or so boats there (with the exception of a pink we caught that looked like it had come back out of the river)... which suggest Coho is winding down.

any one know thanks giving long weekend is good time to go brown's bay for coho or chum? thanks.

Havent heard much regarding chums this yr,

Tried calling there today, on a side note, do you know if they are doing the pot luck dinner again for the long weekend?
Good times if they are

Havent heard much regarding chums this yr,

Tried calling there today, on a side note, do you know if they are doing the pot luck dinner again for the long weekend?
Good times if they are
pot luck dinner? no idea. i haven't been there over 20 years. want fishing in thanks giving long weekend. i remember my last visit browns bay was end of sep twenty something years ago. don't know is it still good or not. any suggestion for oct 10-12. browns bay? port alberni? cougar creek? burrard inlet? my boat is very small. only 12.5ft inflatable boat, only good in inlet with light wind. thanks

pot luck dinner? no idea. i haven't been there over 20 years. want fishing in thanks giving long weekend. i remember my last visit browns bay was end of sep twenty something years ago. don't know is it still good or not. any suggestion for oct 10-12. browns bay? port alberni? cougar creek? burrard inlet? my boat is very small. only 12.5ft inflatable boat, only good in inlet with light wind. thanks

Small boat like that I'd hit cougar creek,

Wouldn't use last years test set data. We fished over 20 hours on the long weekend last year and never had a sniff. 2020 number were ok. This years number just went 20% over the test data from that year. So maybe a bit late with the weather; it could be a good year. We will be up there at least the monday this weekend.

Wouldn't use last years test set data. We fished over 20 hours on the long weekend last year and never had a sniff. 2020 number were ok. This years number just went 20% over the test data from that year. So maybe a bit late with the weather; it could be a good year. We will be up there at least the monday this weekend.

I didn't want to be that optimistic yet lol

going up tomorrow my self. the test set data looks pretty decent
was out today plumper 8- 9:30am lost 2 . one a screamer probably a coho ran ha;f way back to browns bay before dropping off.
About 3 other boats only. Moved to deep water bay max 6 boats showed up on the flood. Fewest boast I've ever seen there on a long weekend. Saw a couple caught we lost 3 more hits before finally bagging one between 8-9lbs stayed in 50- 75' fishing depth the whole time all hits were 50, 70'. pink blue hootchie in 2-3/4 and 4/1/2 were the best for sure. Just as the fish moved in and the bite came on the wind came up and it turned into the worst conditions I've ever seen in 30 years. water coming over the bow in 4 to 5' seas drove everyone including us off the water.

was out today plumper 8- 9:30am lost 2 . one a screamer probably a coho ran ha;f way back to browns bay before dropping off.
About 3 other boats only. Moved to deep water bay max 6 boats showed up on the flood. Fewest boast I've ever seen there on a long weekend. Saw a couple caught we lost 3 more hits before finally bagging one between 8-9lbs stayed in 50- 75' fishing depth the whole time all hits were 50, 70'. pink blue hootchie in 2-3/4 and 4/1/2 were the best for sure. Just as the fish moved in and the bite came on the wind came up and it turned into the worst conditions I've ever seen in 30 years. water coming over the bow in 4 to 5' seas drove everyone including us off the water.
Thanks for the info. Thank goodness wind and tide were in the same direction for you going home! 🎃

yah i was wondering the wind up there. NW can be brutal up there. i have friends fishing g more north towards chatham and haven’t heard from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back