Peninsula Boat launches, how many are there?

My father and I have a 16 foot Legend. Its intended as a lake boat but has made an awesome inshore boat. We can range comfortably from Tulista all the way out to Pender Bluffs. However, its only a 16 ft. aluminum. If there is any amount of chop or waves, we end up taking on a lot of water from the spray, and we get bounced around by waves. Large spaces of open water are hard for us as they tend to be windy and that exacerbates the choppy conditions we cant handle. It limits the area we can fish.
I am wondering if there are any launches on the peninsula aside from Tulista. I've googled and poured over the coast in google maps to limited results. Are there any launches on the inlet side or further south towards Zero Rock? I want to be able to access more of the waters around the peninsula by trailering the boat and launching closer to fishing landmarks instead of risking large journeys on windy stretches of water.
nope, Tulista is the only choice right now. The Tsartlip launch may open at some point but is still closed as far as I know.

nope, Tulista is the only choice right now. The Tsartlip launch may open at some point but is still closed as far as I know.

It was reopened in the summer

It was reopened in the summer. The only update is the office. $25 to launch plus $15 to park your truck and trailer!!!

its closed now

It was reopened in the summer
Funny I originally read it that the ramp had been renovated, my error. The ramp “office” has been renovated and staffed full time so that ramp use can be more closely monitored. It used to be $10 to use the launch and park was included or free. Now I read it as $15/ vehicle parking ( this prevents multiple vehicles parked going in the same vessel using the ramp /dock to grab buddies for a day of fun ) and $15 every time you back your trailer down the ramp.

Clearly it’s not about having a profitable venture, it’s about not wanting the “public” to use the ramp

My father and I have a 16 foot Legend. Its intended as a lake boat but has made an awesome inshore boat. We can range comfortably from Tulista all the way out to Pender Bluffs. However, its only a 16 ft. aluminum. If there is any amount of chop or waves, we end up taking on a lot of water from the spray, and we get bounced around by waves. Large spaces of open water are hard for us as they tend to be windy and that exacerbates the choppy conditions we cant handle. It limits the area we can fish.
I am wondering if there are any launches on the peninsula aside from Tulista. I've googled and poured over the coast in google maps to limited results. Are there any launches on the inlet side or further south towards Zero Rock? I want to be able to access more of the waters around the peninsula by trailering the boat and launching closer to fishing landmarks instead of risking large journeys on windy stretches of water.

Years ago I used to launch a small boat on a trailer at Island view beach. It was not great but manageable with a high tide and a decent tow vehicle. The ramp might only be suitable for car toppers and kayaks now though.

Years ago I used to launch a small boat on a trailer at Island view beach. It was not great but manageable with a high tide and a decent tow vehicle. The ramp might only be suitable for car toppers and kayaks now though.
That ramp has been pretty much destroyed by the weather over the years. Certainly not possible to launch even the smallest boat on a trailer now.

I remember that being a fun one 30 years ago. Launching and setting off ok on a nice morning, but returning in the pm when the surf was up made trailering a biotch.

That launch is in rough shape and you'd need to tow a half dozen wet logs out of the way first. Thanks though.

At $30.00 for park and launch its obvious they don't want the public to use the ramp. $30.00 is a crazy number. I assume with Covid 19 still been an issue the band does not want public on the reserve land. I am hoping once Covid 19 gets under control, the rates will change. Hopefully!. $30.00 for not even improving the ramp which is the main issue not the boat office. I get it, its been staffed now so that will increase costs. But it should not be more than $15.00 - $20.00 for park and launch and that is with improving the ramp. They will make a lot more money by lowering the fees for sure. But I think the point is they don't want the public using it at this point.

Its crazy to think with all the boaters out Sidney way there is only really one launch! The Pat Bay launch 100% should be fixed up and available for public use. Its the easiest solution for now.

The Peninsula Marine Access Group (PMAG) is suggesting at least for the weekends Pat Bay should be opened. That would take the pressure off Tulista and have give a safe alternative for the small boater to safely get on the water and not worry about coming back into the SE winds in Sidney.

At $30.00 for park and launch its obvious they don't want the public to use the ramp. $30.00 is a crazy number. I assume with Covid 19 still been an issue the band does not want public on the reserve land. I am hoping once Covid 19 gets under control, the rates will change. Hopefully!. $30.00 for not even improving the ramp which is the main issue not the boat office. I get it, its been staffed now so that will increase costs. But it should not be more than $15.00 - $20.00 for park and launch and that is with improving the ramp. They will make a lot more money by lowering the fees for sure. But I think the point is they don't want the public using it at this point.

Its crazy to think with all the boaters out Sidney way there is only really one launch! The Pat Bay launch 100% should be fixed up and available for public use. Its the easiest solution for now.
Cpony has been working behind the scenes on getting another ramp on the peninsula for quite some time, he is relentless!

More parking at Tulista and maybe another ramp slip would be nice too, or even longer slips.

Part of the problem with tulista is that people tie up their boats, then have to walk half a kilometer to their vehicle, and their boat sits rafted up for 30 mins blocking anybody else from using the slip. There might be less of a logjam if the slips were longer, or the ramp was wider, or there was more parking in close proximity.

Part of the problem with tulista is that people tie up their boats, then have to walk half a kilometer to their vehicle, and their boat sits rafted up for 30 mins blocking anybody else from using the slip. There might be less of a logjam if the slips were longer, or the ramp was wider, or there was more parking in close proximity.
The giant field is pretty useless there. More parking would be very beneficial

The giant field is pretty useless there. More parking would be very beneficial
It is too bad that the ferry compound can’t be utilized. I was told that Sidney has no access or say because it it federal property and a secure border entry. Ferry has not run for 2 years now and a good chance it won’t run again as Washington state ferries are running out of boats due to an aging fleet

I’ve seen guys out in Sooke off Beachy Head in some pretty decent chop in a 12’ aluminum catching some nice fish! Your 16’ should be able to handle Sooke, Sidney and Victoria on decent days no problem!

Back