2019 Ucluelet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any news or rumblings of area closures in Ukee?
The owners of the place we stay at want a deposit in the next two weeks and if everything is closed we need to bail and find another place

I'll be booking this week too. Just book it and give your deposit. 99% of the places you have until a month before to cancel.

wondering if anyone can give me any info on the boat launch at secret beach campground ? Was hoping to camp there this summer and bring the boat (18.5') . Also any fishing tips would be a bonus , I have only fished the south side of barkley sound and not the ukee side . Thanks

I think you would launch at Toquart Marina. If you search it you will find pictures of it. I don’t think you would have any problem launching there. I’m not 100% sure but it says they own the campsite.

What RBL said.

The launch is fine and much bigger boats then yours launch there. They also rent slips in the marina that you can book through the camp ground.

The nice thing about this camp ground is it’s in the fog zone so you can have fires in the summer.

New marina under construction
And I think a new launch as well
But Toquart is still available

New marina under construction
And I think a new launch as well
But Toquart is still available

Where are the new facilities being built, near Toquat ?

Awesome thanks guys. Just talked to the guy at secret beach and they said marina and new launch should be good to go by May as long as the hearing don’t spawn in the bay , if they do they won’t be able to do work while that’s going on .
Also wondering about a few spots to wash some gear ? We’ll have our 18month on board so the closer the better. Hoping not to have to run across to bamfield.
Thanks again

Riverman, from Swale Rock to Cree Is. is good fishing.
Also towards Uclulet, Sail Rock is usually pretty good.
Neither run is very far from Toquart Bay.

Does anyone know of a place you could park a 30 ft trailer close to Ukee for 1 1/2 months. Looking from July 15 to end of Aug.

Does anyone know of a place you could park a 30 ft trailer close to Ukee for 1 1/2 months. Looking from July 15 to end of Aug.

Try to call Pacific Rim Fishing Charters in Ukee on Forbes road. I see lots of boats and trailers parked in their lot over the winter and its pretty close to the public boat ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back