Your single Bluetooth speaker suggestions

I have 2 of the JBL Xtreme 3's. Love them. When paired to act as Left and Right channels, they are an impressive beast.
Great idea, but that's the rub for me though is keeping it simple (former audiophile), as somedays I will just use the iPhone itself for sound. I don't have music or news on all the time but looking forward to a simple set up. Looks like that overkill 31 AGM battery will be finally getting a workout.

Great idea, but that's the rub for me though is keeping it simple (former audiophile), as somedays I will just use the iPhone itself for sound. I don't have music or news on all the time but looking forward to a simple set up. Looks like that overkill 31 AGM battery will be finally getting a workout.
Cranked, all day - their charge lasts for at least 8 hours.

With owning old cars, which have old AM radios which really suck and only have one radio station. I needed a music replacement with out removing the original radio.

I first purchased two cheaper Bluetooth speaker system which were tinny, no bass and had a short playtime life. I went through two system before finding JBL Charger 5.

I purchased a JBL Charge 5 system for $200 on sale at Walmart. It is dust and water proof, 60hz - 20Hz, good bass speakers which are located in the end of the speak system and the biggest bonus 20 hrs. of playtime.

It has performed great so far and is loud enough to hear while driving on the Hwy with the top down.

Attachments

• AM radio.jpg
    AM radio.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 16
  • jbl speaker.jpg
    jbl speaker.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 16
  • JBL sub woofer .jpg
    JBL sub woofer .jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 16
J B L
They have the ultimate don’t have the biggest with the mountable base hookup for auto use but plan on one for the log truck
They have whatever size will suit you
Just go to your local Best Buy and grab a sales man and go crank the crap out of all the brands and you’ll probably buy jbl

JBL Flip 5. Use it almost daily around the house and take it out on the water. I carry a small portable battery as I haven’t hooked up a USB on my boat yet.

J B L
Just go to your local Best Buy and grab a sales man and go crank the crap out of all the brands and you’ll probably buy jbl
did just that today, JBL display had a few choices with push button testers, but the sound of the flip 6 is quite impressive. On sale the same as the Amazon Prime deal. Ordered it and will pick up at BB once I get the email notice. Now to download Yoko Ono's greatest hits so all the boats around me can enjoy too.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with jbl Bluetooth speakers. They really set the bar. No connect issues, great batteries, USB C, waterproof and they sound great and take a beating. I went down the portable speaker rabbit hole once. Ended up at jbl. Problem solved

So I should rip my old cd player out and speakers :(

I was thinking of ordering a deck with blue tooth but it doesn’t make sense.
I put a deck and speakers in my old boat. Used it but never again. Too much hassle and cost compared to a JBL bluetooth. Slightly better sound quality not worth it, and you gotta make boxes for the speakers to get the most out of em anyway. I didn’t put a system in my camping trailer either. I use my bluetooth speaker for both. No brainer really.

I put a deck and speakers in my old boat. Used it but never again. Too much hassle and cost compared to a JBL bluetooth. Slightly better sound quality not worth it, and you gotta make boxes for the speakers to get the most out of em anyway. I didn’t put a system in my camping trailer either. I use my bluetooth speaker for both. No brainer really.
Is there a Bluetooth sub that would connect to one of those? Or you could just get the hyperboom I guess.

We have a Flip 6 and it works pretty good although in my boat I have a waterproof Sony deck w/cd player but usually listen to Sirius ch 26

Attachments

• IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 13
Back