Wireless remote for LED bar or other ideas?

bigdogg1

We often trailer home in the dark and unfortunately have to perform an intricate S-curve of sorts backing up through a gate with an open ditch on either side and then another S-curve to land between a couple of trees to house the boat. Doable in the daylight but a bit of a Gong Show in the dark. I have tried many ideas ranging from luminescent strips on the trees and gate posts to having 'spotters with flashlights marking the ditch corners etc.

Last night I had an epiphany of sorts - after getting the truck and boat into its initial backup location, I left the truck, jumped in the boat and turned on the LED work light just installed at the back of the roof.

It was like daytime and absolutely perfect. So then I thought:

1. Is there an 'easy' remote switch (and relay likely) that I could install in the boat so I could turn the light on from the truck instead of having to climb up into the boat everytime? This would be ideal because the height and angle of the light going back was great.
2. Are there Waterproof back up LEDS that I could mount to to the trailer? Probably not, and the angle/location might be too far back.

Any ideas on either of these or has anyone with similar conditions found an alternative solution?

Back