Winter Harbour

Tailspin

I'm in the planing stages of trip to the tip in late June with the wrecking crew.

Looks like the Outpost is the better and only option for the truck and camper combo.

Anyone get up there last summer ?

Edited by - maddog on 12/15/2005 15:22:55

the outpost is okay, but theres better options.
dick robinson runs a nice operation, bed and food per day about 100 bucks i believe, great host.
theres a campground that is free i believe, as well as another one (affiliated with wayne ridleys charters i believe)
i could also vouch for quatsino lodge if you want to go high class, as my buddies family runs it and they are a top notch operation.

While there last summer someone told me that the outpost bought out the campground that Frosty ran but either way the camping is good in the campground or right below the store in front of the peir. Last year I think it was 25 or 30$ to park there
we will be there also the end of june as we have for the last 6 years the fishing is GREAT for slab springs and big bottom fish
Mikevv

I've been wanting to go to Quatsino for a long time but know little about it. Is the fishing in June in close or do you have to go way out like tofino? What about launching in Coal Harbour and running out, it looks to be about a 45 min. run.Are there other place to stay besides the Outpost in the general area? Any help or advice greatly appreciated. Saltspringer

Thanks for the info guys .It's good to see there are a few choices available. I think we are going to rough it a bit by camping out in our campers. As long as there is moorage for a couple of 22' boats and some cleanimg tables we'll be happy !
Cheers !!! M.D

Maddog you can moor on the warf for a small fee and as far as how far you have to go out Saltspringer, yes you have to go a long ways out and as soon as you get out from the island the H2O can get WILD and can stay wild for a few days. Also you have to be able to fish at 225 to 275 feet in 350 feet of water for the Big slabs.
Aug for the springers in the sound
Mikevv

C.S. good info , thanks alot How about the end of June do the fish come in by then usually? Getting old and don't like to bang around outside as much as I used to. Saltspringer

Back