Winter fishing Ucluelet

bewacha

Hey I’m wondering if there is any fish to be caught during the winter months in Ucluelet (Barkley Sound) when we get the odd nice day?

Hey I’m wondering if there is any fish to be caught during the winter months in Ucluelet (Barkley Sound) when we get the odd nice day?
Winter Springs have in some years come right into Banfield harbour.
Swale and area's nearby have winter springs.
I am sure others will be able to give you more info.
Good luck

In Ukee the harbour entrance, beg island, chrow island, toquart bay, great bear and alley rock are all potential winter spring spots. I think the salmon university website still has charts/spots posted that cover most of these.

Not sure if there are any winter closures in any of those areas, as it’s been a while since I’ve fished there that time of year so make sure to check the regs.

Cheers!

Ukee

Awesome thanks the help fellas! I’ll be certain to check regs before I head out, always do just in case.

Awesome thanks the help fellas! I’ll be certain to check regs before I head out, always do just in case.
Barkley sound is great in the winter! Most of the time you'll have the place (nearly) to yourself, and the winter spring fishing can be surprisingly decent at times. I'm sure you will find a few fish if you decide to head out!

It’s my fave place to fish for winters. Pill and Swale are my favourite spots. Vernon bay can be good too. You don’t need to drag the bottom either.

It’s my fave place to fish for winters. Pill and Swale are my favourite spots. Vernon bay can be good too. You don’t need to drag the bottom either.
What is a good depth range to fish for winter springs in those areas?

What is a good depth range to fish for winter springs in those areas?

fish the deeper water for sure, look for bait holding at depths.. work that.. 120-200 usually.

vernon bay, fish the basement.

You run to Pill from Ukee in the winter months? Pass by a lot of good winter fishing options to get that far afield, imho.

Cheers!

Ukee

Back