windshield t-bolts

• Thread starter Thread starter cpo212
  • Start date Start date
C

cpo212

Thanks for the the tip on taylor made products, lastchance. Sent them an e-mail and received, a cannot supply answer. Anyone else here know of a supplier.I've been working on my boat since last spring,total restore,new keel,floor, transom,fiberglass mat,&gel-coat.Need 5/16 X 2 T-bolts to giittt heer doone!

try "indu fast "in victoria . if they dont have them i`m sure they can get them .scottyboy

http://www.stemtostern.com/catalog/SearchManufacturers.asp?OEManufacturerID=217

I got them there last year. In a pinch, you can get 1/4" carrige bolds and grind the heads so they go in the slots. The shaft of the bolt would fit in my tracks (I tried this before I found I would have to do 60 of them), and the 1/4" bolt would hold a lot tighter then the puny little thing coming out of the t-bolt.

Not 100% sure on your application, but looking at the picture in the link LastChance posted, it looks like a toilet Floor Flange Bolt, which are readily available in 5/16", but not sure on length, could be 2 1/4- 2 1/2. They are made from brass so should be suitable for use on a boat.
Check any hardware store to see if they are what you want, then, if you need a large number try the plumbing wholesaler for a cash sale.
Usually cheaper than buying a bunch of little packages.

The toilet floor flange bolts fit the windshield track perfectly,a little to long but a zip cutter will fix that. Thanks for the advise.
quote:Originally posted by Time

Not 100% sure on your application, but looking at the picture in the link LastChance posted, it looks like a toilet Floor Flange Bolt, which are readily available in 5/16", but not sure on length, could be 2 1/4- 2 1/2. They are made from brass so should be suitable for use on a boat.
Check any hardware store to see if they are what you want, then, if you need a large number try the plumbing wholesaler for a cash sale.
Usually cheaper than buying a bunch of little packages.

Back