What is 200lb lead worth?

Redders

Hi!
My neighbours are clearing out a bunch of boating stuff and have approx 200lb of 10lb cannon balls. Does anyone have an idea of what this is worth as a job lot?
Cheers
Nick

Hi!
My neighbours are clearing out a bunch of boating stuff and have approx 200lb of 10lb cannon balls. Does anyone have an idea of what this is worth as a job lot?
Cheers
Nick
$20-25 each I think would be a fair deal for both parties. Maybe less in one lot. Just 1 guy’s opinion though.

Hi!
Cheers
Nick
I was recently offered a buck a lb for bulk lead ingots

Funny story about lead. 40 years ago a buddy and I heard of a lead keel being knocked off a sailboat near Victoria. The insurance company put a new keel on the boat, so my buddy and I decided to find it and salvage it - 800 lbs and lead was worth a buck a pound. The salvage is a whole other story, but when we got it, my buddy took it to the metal dealer, who offered him 10 cents a pound -- apparently it was a buck to buy and 10 cents to sell. My buddy made a lot of downrigger weights, and we had the fun of salvaging an 800 lb keel using a 300 lb fiberglass boat.

Back