What Did Santa Bring

8qChSqt.jpg

Many of us on here need to protect skin as we age. I've already had one go round with melanoma, got the scars to prove it. The damage is usually done in childhood, but covering up out on the water can delay or limit its severity in later life.

Good warning for us all. We need to be more cautious like this and remember the reality we put ourselves in with water, sun, and UV rays.

Good warning for us all. We need to be more cautious like this and remember the reality we put ourselves in with water, sun, and UV rays.
100 %, a good hat good sunglasses and a good longsleve shirt of some kind all necessary for our pastime....oh and that really cool beer coozie the wife got me ,the brumate ,3 in 1 deal supposed to keep your beer ice cold to the last sip

Got a replacement for my tired Smart wool sweatshirt. At least 5 years of heavy wear. That stuff is worth the price. . . . That's all I wanted. Great to have the family whole, even if just for one day.

I told my kids years ago to get me things I can eat, drink or do. So do not need a bunch more Stuff. They mostly honor the request, but colour outside the lines occasionally like with the sun shirts, knowing I really will use those.

My gift to son, daughter and DIL this year was a box each, filled with salmon, ling, hali, prawns and a huge pork tomahawk steak. Also a bottle of wine and some assorted spice. Sort of handmade gift, and consumable vs proliferation of consumer baubles.

I told my kids years ago to get me things I can eat, drink or do. So do not need a bunch more Stuff. They mostly honor the request, but colour outside the lines occasionally like with the sun shirts, knowing I really will use those.

My gift to son, daughter and DIL this year was a box each, filled with salmon, ling, hali, prawns and a huge pork tomahawk steak. Also a bottle of wine and some assorted spice. Sort of handmade gift, and consumable vs proliferation of consumer baubles.
We have been all about making memories for bdays and Christmas for many years now. Ski trip every Christmas and boat camping trip every summer. Unfortunately at 18 and 20 that decade is coming to a close but I’m gonna keep rocking it for as long as I can!

Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can! Gets real busy once the grandkids start arriving.
Not as busy as potty training with a 2 year old, while her 5 year old brother runs around in the background. 18 and 20 sounds perfect. “Fireworks” went off for her last night at 11:45 and it was dad on duty, momma off in Tofino with her girlfriends. Glad I wasn’t at anchor with no hot water, but I had thought about it watching that great sunset last night! Would love to have got them a puppy @IronNoggin

Ya was hoping for a boat like the one that
STOLEN FROM OUR DRIVEWAY.!!!!

My life have changed as we know it. I used to fish allot and would offer time on the water to anyone who showed interest but had no gear...it was more then just fishing to me .....
Happy new year
Cheers marko

Back